Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Question Rough River Bass?

I'm fishing a very small tournament for my work this weekend. Its a large fish tourney, so we only weigh the largest fish. Anyway, I have only been to Rough a handful of times and only to crappie fish, never bass fished there. Can anyone give me any pointers to land a bass or two this time of year?? I dont need super secret spots or anything, I'm just more or less looking to be pointed in the right direction as far as what types and colors of baits to lean towards, what to look for on the lake, etc. ANY help at all would be appreciated. This is my first time fishing our company tournament and I would like to AT LEAST weigh in a fish!

Post Thanks / Like

rough

I fished for crappie 6hrs. today. the water was 64 and the bass were hitting minnows on the surface.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian222 View Post
    I'm fishing a very small tournament for my work this weekend. Its a large fish tourney, so we only weigh the largest fish. Anyway, I have only been to Rough a handful of times and only to crappie fish, never bass fished there. Can anyone give me any pointers to land a bass or two this time of year?? I dont need super secret spots or anything, I'm just more or less looking to be pointed in the right direction as far as what types and colors of baits to lean towards, what to look for on the lake, etc. ANY help at all would be appreciated. This is my first time fishing our company tournament and I would like to AT LEAST weigh in a fish!
    This time of the year I would have one person put on a buzzbait and the other person put on a crankbait (they love crawfish colors this time of the year) and throw that the whole day covering as much water as you can possibly cover. Or until you find a hungry school of bass.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would start in the back of creeks. I was in Little clifty Tuesday and tons on shad balls and bass were busting them all day. I was crappie fishing and never thru a bass bait

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info guys. I'll report back after my trip.

Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, couldnt have asked for better weather today. I didnt do too well myself..........I only caught one small bass, maybe all of a pound. But the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place fish were all 4+ lbs. In talking to those guys, it sounds like anything orange or crawfish colored ruled the day.........buzz baits, crankbaits, etc. Didnt really matter as long as it was orange/brown/crawfish.

Thanks for the help guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    I told you lol