Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Gloves for fishing

I'm looking for a new pair of gloves to wear while doing some of that cold weather fishing. I can keep everything warm but my hands! Thinking about spending the money and trying some under armor gloves. Anyone have any experience fishing with any of their coldgear gloves? I want the thinnest gloves possible that will keep my hands warm.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a pair of these Red Steer Chilly Grip gloves last year, but the weather was so bad that I never went fishing after December and didn't use them.

http://www.amazon.com/Steer-Fingered.../dp/B007NI9Q3Y

The look great, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to load planes back in the day and I used Neoprene gloves they were awesome. Never used them for fishing so not sure how they would work.

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sglass View Post
    I used to load planes back in the day and I used Neoprene gloves they were awesome. Never used them for fishing so not sure how they would work.

Shawn
    Back in the day when I didn't mind the cold so much I had a pair of neoprene flip-mitt gloves that were awesome. Nowadays when the weather turns cold I just sit around the house in my flannel pajamas and watch fishing on TV.
    Likes GeoFisher, Tyme2fish liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I just use the brown jerzee gloves. Cut the tip of the index finger out on my left hand so i can feel the line and the tip of the thumb out on my right hand so i can thumb the line on the cast. Keep several pair in the boat so when one gets wet i can just swap em out. I do have a pair of under armour i use when im using a spinning rod and i can put the hot hands inside the glove on top of my hand and still fish comfortably. I always keep hot hands in the pockets of my coat so i can ocassionaly put a hand in there and warm it up a little

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually use finger less wool gloves I get from BPS. Wolf River brand, I think. GET the really, really tight woven ones. They are not waterproof, but even when wet wool continues to insulate, unlike most other materials.

http://www.basspro.com/Fingerless-Ra.../product/3032/

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used these type of gloves for many years, used to be Hot Shot and a lot of other names, they work, I cut the finger flaps off and take the Velcro off, only thing is not get them too tight...JMO
    Bass Pro Shop
    Glacier GloveŽ Slit Finger Neoprene Fishing Gloves

$19.99

Gary
    Last edited by peter; 10-31-2014 at 10:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    I just use the brown jerzee gloves. Cut the tip of the index finger out on my left hand so i can feel the line and the tip of the thumb out on my right hand so i can thumb the line on the cast. Keep several pair in the boat so when one gets wet i can just swap em out. I do have a pair of under armour i use when im using a spinning rod and i can put the hot hands inside the glove on top of my hand and still fish comfortably. I always keep hot hands in the pockets of my coat so i can ocassionaly put a hand in there and warm it up a little
    I always buy the biggest pack of hot hands the store has because I do the exact same thing you do. I wouldn't be able to fish without em. I use a pair of under armor gloves. Don't remember what kind but they work well with spinning rods.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to scuba dive and the best thing that came from it are Akona dive gloves. Fairly lightweight so easy to fish, not super warm, but better than most. Finally, if they get wet, they dry out quickly, and your hands stay warm! I also used to keep these gloves in my Harley for rainy days. They worked great for that too!

http://www.akona.com/product.php?pro...=278&cat_id=33

Post Thanks / Like
    When it gets too cold to fish barehanded I use a thin pair of the Under Armor gloves. I have not had any trouble casting my spinning or bait-casting rigs. They are thin enough to keep my hands warm yet I can feel the bites. I also have a pair of thicker, warmer gloves for running to different locations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Best gloves you can buy is a pair of winter golf gloves, put toe Warmers in them since their thinner then hand Warmers, and then buy a size larger then you wear in waterproof golf gloves. Then you have warm hands and still water proof. With using golf gloves you can also leave them on while you tie on baits.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a tip a friend gave me. When he handed them to me he said you'll be suprised at how warm they will keep your hands.

Easy to cast a spinning rod and I have been trying Knotts with 15 lb line with them on. When we started casting it was 25 degrees and about 32 when we finished. It was sunny and we were catching fish so that helped keep us warm too.

If you stick your hand too far in the water and get water in them you will have to dry your hands off good and start over with a new pair.

Not sure if the brand or type matters. Photo below

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3102276619.jpg 
Views:	435 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	9388