Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

My voting experience.

Our voting experience. Past ballots have been of the kind where we complete the arrow with a marker in order to select our candidate.These were all paper ballots and in my opinion, very user friendly.
    So Mrs.Tyme and I go to vote today. What a darn cluster %#@*. We now are using computer voting. What could go wrong with a state of the art system like this? Everything, since the "government" is in charge.

Instead of separate precincts where we used to be limited to only certain locations, residents of Floyd County,IN can now vote at ANY polling center in the county.
    We decided to go to the closest polling location at John Jones Automotive Center. There were only 4 voting machines present and one of them was broken. We, along with all the other voters, stood in line for over an hour and a half before our ballots were cast. Ninety freaking minutes,standing, inching around the interior of the building in a cluster &%@* of lines. Heck, there was a line to "check in" before you could get in the other line to vote.

I sure was glad this was an "off year" vote for Indiana. No Governor,no Senate races, no President.
    Rant over, we did our Civic duty and voted. I now know a different meaning or why it's called "suffrage".

One thing serving in the Army taught me was how to stand in lines. That experience came in very handy on election day.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went at about 9am and had two people in front of me. My area voting center is at a church and is broken into three separate voting districts. The lady checked my ID gave me a code to enter into the machine and I was voting within 5 minutes of standing in line. I had a wheel to rotate through the elections and an enter button to lock in my choice. At the end I hit the cast vote button and walked over to get my sticker. Very easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I voted early as I was going to be out of town. Went to the court house showed my drivers license got the ballot and voted; in and out not time no lines. Remember this is Illinois and I live in a small town where everyone knows you, my wife went in on election day to vote she ran into a friend who was a male in the parking lot and they went in together and were talking the election judge saw my wife and thought it was me with her. When she got to the judge she had the paper you have to sign in pencil (I thought it should be in ink remember I live in Illinois) she also had my paper out. My wife told them I had already voted early and the judge could not believe it, another judge said we have a list we are suppose to check but they could not find it. I was furious with my wife I could have been the only republican to ever vote early and often in Illinois and she ruined it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I went at about 9am and had two people in front of me. My area voting center is at a church and is broken into three separate voting districts. The lady checked my ID gave me a code to enter into the machine and I was voting within 5 minutes of standing in line. I had a wheel to rotate through the elections and an enter button to lock in my choice. At the end I hit the cast vote button and walked over to get my sticker. Very easy.
    I was infuriated when I went to my new voting station and it was a church.

I find it FUNNIER than HELL that we can scream about separation of church and state in EVERY single part of our society, but it is perfectly acceptable to go into a church and perform the very action that created such a GREAT and EFFECTIVE government.

Separation, means SEPARATION......oh the hypocrisy.

Oh well.

Later,

Geo