Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tyme's sauger report

Spent about 4 hours on the river with Knute(The Heathen).

We tried first in front of museum using white curly tail jigs, then tipped with minnows, then minnows alone. Nada

Moved to the Duck Pond and got the same result.

Moved to the area in front of the Clarksville ramp and again the same results.

So my report is no report other than the fact that we didn't get the first bite.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Sorry to hear about your luck. What was the water temp? I believe that it may be too early yet, but at least you gave it a shot

Post Thanks / Like
    I think water temp was around 57* but don't quote me. Yeah, still too warm for the sauger to moving up.

We enjoyed the outing anyway

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    Spent about 4 hours on the river with Knute(The Heathen).

We tried first in front of museum using white curly tail jigs, then tipped with minnows, then minnows alone. Nada

Moved to the Duck Pond and got the same result.

Moved to the area in front of the Clarksville ramp and again the same results.

So my report is no report other than the fact that we didn't get the first bite.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Have always found late Nov/early Dec to be good times on the Ohio. But any day on the river....

Post Thanks / Like
    Knute(The Heathen) has come around to my way of thinking. If the air temp is lower than 45* we're not going fishing!

We're both getting too old for these old bones to stay warm. We used to don our winter attire and brave the elements but now a days, both of us would rather just sit indoors by the fire.
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone sauger fish over the weekend? Looks like the river is gonna come up towards the end of the week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok guys. Fished Sunday morning, ran the boat up into the fossil beds. Level was right around 13.5ft with 6ft of upper gate. The sauger are there. Fished the deep hole below the gates in 24ft of water. Biggest walleyes was 21ins. Biggest sauger was right at 19ins. Three people fishing could of limited out. But only kept the biggest ones. Too bad the river is going back up. Anyways everyone be safe on the big Ohio.
    Likes Tyme2fish, Moveon, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any good bank access down on the river where I can catch some sauger? I believe I'm going to have to bury my boat but would fishing the bank for them even be worth it? Seems like it would be a waste of time. I'm afraid I'm going to miss fishing for them this year w.o a boat...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckykingfisher View Post
    Is there any good bank access down on the river where I can catch some sauger? I believe I'm going to have to bury my boat but would fishing the bank for them even be worth it? Seems like it would be a waste of time. I'm afraid I'm going to miss fishing for them this year w.o a boat...
    You can fish from the fossil beds fairly easily. I'm too scared to take my boat up in there just because I don't know it. Would like to make a trip over there sometime soon. It seems like anymore all my bank fishing trips I used to take have been thrown to the side and replaced with taking the boat out usally for a tournament. I'll give a report if I do make a trip tho!
    Likes kentuckykingfisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1233 View Post
    You can fish from the fossil beds fairly easily. I'm too scared to take my boat up in there just because I don't know it. Would like to make a trip over there sometime soon. It seems like anymore all my bank fishing trips I used to take have been thrown to the side and replaced with taking the boat out usally for a tournament. I'll give a report if I do make a trip tho!
    I've taken my canoe up there when they are not running too much.......Paddle out past the bank fishers, and before you get into too much current.......Anchor from the bow. Vertical jig a johnson spoon with a minnow an LOAD the canoe. Limited out 3 nights in a row last year in less than 1 hour. That is a limit for both guys.

Yea BABY.

Later,

Geo
    Likes Tyme2fish, kentuckykingfisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I've taken my canoe up there when they are not running too much.......Paddle out past the bank fishers, and before you get into too much current.......Anchor from the bow. Vertical jig a johnson spoon with a minnow an LOAD the canoe. Limited out 3 nights in a row last year in less than 1 hour. That is a limit for both guys.

Yea BABY.

Later,

Geo
    Could do that with my kayak!