A sincere Thank You to all who served this great country of ours. As I get older it makes the 4 years I served in the Army feel even more Honorable....seem like another lifetime (got out in 1986) and the good memories are overtaking the bad memories.

Post a little if you like about what you did and where you served. I am interested for sure!

I served as a 19K (M1 Tanks) and spent my basic training at Fort Knox which was the coldest place I ever encountered since I coming from Florida! From there I spent the next few years at Fort Hood Texas which is HOT!!! From there I spent the remainder of my enlistment at Kitzingen, Germany. Germany is beautiful and it's on my Bucket list to go back as a civilian.

Some of our training took us into the towns which was tough because any of you who have been to Europe will realize how narrow the streets are, now imagine taking tanks through those little streets. Our exhaust was about 1500 degrees so I'm sure we blistered a few paint jobs on cars!

The best time was when we drove those tanks on the Autobahn and cruised about 45 mph which was extremely cool!! Talk about being the big dog on the road man it was an experience. Most times it was just 4 tanks but we had a time or two with the whole company (16 tanks) cruising in line. They were smooth as hell to ride in and since I was the driver at that time I really got to enjoy the experience of driving a 60 ton tank at 45 mph, loaded to the gills with 105 mm rounds along with all the other fire power that bad boy has.

Being a tanker we trained in heat. cold and at night since we had the technology to see at night so well. Many cold sleepless nights covered in mud, dirt and grime training but like I mentioned the good times seem to be recalled more than the tough times.

No war service for me but like someone once said...."war is hell but peacetime is a bitc*".
Thanks again!