Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

The future 2015 2016

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/honda-fcv-...brain_auto_row

I've talked about this technology before but it's getting less expensive and has longer range and smaller size. Some day people will have solar units at their house that can capture sunlight and generate electrical power that can be used to split water molecules into Pure Hydrogen gas and pure Oxygen gas that's stored on site. The hydrogen can be compressed and pumped into the houses fuel cell storage tanks and used to heat and cool the house or pumped into the family car.

The hydrogen gas and oxygen is run though the fuel cell which combines them into pure water and electrons. Water Vapor is the only thing expelled. There are not harmful hydrocarbons burned or expelled with this technology.

In the future Japan will start to build the infra structure to fuel these new cars though out Japan. We have this going on out in California as a test project and it's been going on for a few years now. I've not hear much about the California experiment lately. But as the cost of these FCT cars comes down the masses will start to get more interested in this technology.

Imagine driving though LA on the free way and not seeing the smog anymore? Image doing away with foreign Oil forever. Imagine not having to worry about what goes on in the Middle East concerning oil?

Imagine using the sunlight to power the world and expanding business and commerce that are restricted now due to the high cost and uncertain future of coal and oil and other hydrocarbon products?

Imagine clear blue skies and less air pollution around the world.

Did you know that WWII was about Oil? The reason the Japanese attached Pearl Harbor was because the Allies cut of the oil supply of the Japanese to the Dutch West Indies. The leaders in Japan knew that they had to have the oil and they figured if they took out the USA at Pearl they could run wild though the Dutch West Indies and get the oil they needed for a few more years. We have gone to war over oil and other resources many times in the past. But I doubt that we will fight anyone over access to the sunlight other than the coal companies and the oil companies that would stand to lose billions of dollars if the worlds economy switched to an alternative fuel source and didn't have to depend on dirty coal and messy oil.

The only down side to using Hydrogen is that it's very explosive and vehicles tend to run into things that caused lots of damage to the vehicles. Those Fuel Cell Vehicles (FCV) will have to be made super strong and leak proof before the public will feel safe driving them around.

Today Germany and Sweden are making fuel cells that power submarines. These type of submarines are so quiet that they can sneak up on the US Carrier Fleet undetected by all our current naval assets. This has be done in training exercises in the past when our Navy trained against a Swedish Fuel Cell Powered Submarine that was on loan to the US Navy. A Chinese submarine also surfaced right in firing range of one of our Air Craft Carriers once.

To me fuel cells are the future and will help the human race advance farther than we have in the past. It will be as important to us as the discovery of fire. Why do I say this? Because it does not pollute the air at all. Look at the skies over China as they continue to burn more coal to power the industrial revolution in China. They have people going around in masks so that they can breath better. That can't be a good thing in the long run. So imagine if the Chinese follow Japan's example and start to use Fuel Cells to generate electrical power for their cars/home/factories etc.

Right now current Clean Air Act Rules prohibit development in areas with high levels of air pollution. What if those area's had clean air instead of dirty air? They could expand and produce more jobs and use clean technology to power the new businesses.

Note: Toyota is also developing a new FCV to be sold in 2016. This is a BIG DEAL.

http://www.toyota.com/fuelcell/
    Likes kygorski liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

dream on.

I liked your post it's sort of utopian. Next someone will try the perpetual motion machine. Gee you have hope for mankind. All we need is water. Uh a form of energy to split the H2 from the O2. And then store it. Safely. Tricky s--t ole H2, worked with it over 20 years. Thats how I was able to retire at 57, and keep annoying folks on this site. It will take mankind years to use it to it's fullest extent, because hydrocarbons are more plentiful and easier to make millions of dollars on. Why is Japan leading the way? No Oil!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    I liked your post it's sort of utopian. Next someone will try the perpetual motion machine. Gee you have hope for mankind. All we need is water. Uh a form of energy to split the H2 from the O2. And then store it. Safely. Tricky s--t ole H2, worked with it over 20 years. Thats how I was able to retire at 57, and keep annoying folks on this site. It will take mankind years to use it to it's fullest extent, because hydrocarbons are more plentiful and easier to make millions of dollars on. Why is Japan leading the way? No Oil!!!
    Don't kid yourself about Japan...........

http://www.eia.gov/countries/cab.cfm?fips=ja

Have you looked at the cost of Oil lately.........with the costs hovering around 80 bucks a barrel, we will NEVER get to Hydrogen. There is no reason to invest in it.

We all saw how Obama artificially jacking around with the market worked out. Let free market forces decide when we use alternative fuels........

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    http://auto.ndtv.com/news/honda-fcv-...brain_auto_row

I've talked about this technology before but it's getting less expensive and has longer range and smaller size. Some day people will have solar units at their house that can capture sunlight and generate electrical power that can be used to split water molecules into Pure Hydrogen gas and pure Oxygen gas that's stored on site. The hydrogen can be compressed and pumped into the houses fuel cell storage tanks and used to heat and cool the house or pumped into the family car.

The hydrogen gas and oxygen is run though the fuel cell which combines them into pure water and electrons. Water Vapor is the only thing expelled. There are not harmful hydrocarbons burned or expelled with this technology.

In the future Japan will start to build the infra structure to fuel these new cars though out Japan. We have this going on out in California as a test project and it's been going on for a few years now. I've not hear much about the California experiment lately. But as the cost of these FCT cars comes down the masses will start to get more interested in this technology.

Imagine driving though LA on the free way and not seeing the smog anymore? Image doing away with foreign Oil forever. Imagine not having to worry about what goes on in the Middle East concerning oil?

Imagine using the sunlight to power the world and expanding business and commerce that are restricted now due to the high cost and uncertain future of coal and oil and other hydrocarbon products?

Imagine clear blue skies and less air pollution around the world.

Did you know that WWII was about Oil? The reason the Japanese attached Pearl Harbor was because the Allies cut of the oil supply of the Japanese to the Dutch West Indies. The leaders in Japan knew that they had to have the oil and they figured if they took out the USA at Pearl they could run wild though the Dutch West Indies and get the oil they needed for a few more years. We have gone to war over oil and other resources many times in the past. But I doubt that we will fight anyone over access to the sunlight other than the coal companies and the oil companies that would stand to lose billions of dollars if the worlds economy switched to an alternative fuel source and didn't have to depend on dirty coal and messy oil.

The only down side to using Hydrogen is that it's very explosive and vehicles tend to run into things that caused lots of damage to the vehicles. Those Fuel Cell Vehicles (FCV) will have to be made super strong and leak proof before the public will feel safe driving them around.

Today Germany and Sweden are making fuel cells that power submarines. These type of submarines are so quiet that they can sneak up on the US Carrier Fleet undetected by all our current naval assets. This has be done in training exercises in the past when our Navy trained against a Swedish Fuel Cell Powered Submarine that was on loan to the US Navy. A Chinese submarine also surfaced right in firing range of one of our Air Craft Carriers once.

To me fuel cells are the future and will help the human race advance farther than we have in the past. It will be as important to us as the discovery of fire. Why do I say this? Because it does not pollute the air at all. Look at the skies over China as they continue to burn more coal to power the industrial revolution in China. They have people going around in masks so that they can breath better. That can't be a good thing in the long run. So imagine if the Chinese follow Japan's example and start to use Fuel Cells to generate electrical power for their cars/home/factories etc.

Right now current Clean Air Act Rules prohibit development in areas with high levels of air pollution. What if those area's had clean air instead of dirty air? They could expand and produce more jobs and use clean technology to power the new businesses.

Note: Toyota is also developing a new FCV to be sold in 2016. This is a BIG DEAL.

http://www.toyota.com/fuelcell/
    Maybe the reason the United States became involved was because of our sanctions against Japan and others followed but Hitler had a huge responsibility in the cause of WW2 don't you think? If there was a reason for WW2 it was to stop the invasions of countries by Germany and Japan for power and yes resources. The United states had to get involved with our military because we were attacked at Pearl Harbor.

China won't invest heavily into fuel cells until the oil runs dry. As a side note....I remember reading about Russia moving around in the background buying/investing in power and resources so one day they would be powerful and mighty just by controlling the majority of the worlds resources.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

yes

I looked at the price, as i mention earlier, small producers are turning off the pumps, no or little profit from running them. Nobahma has little to do with the price of crude, try OPEC. Your right, supply and demand, the demand is almost constant, the supply can be manipulated. The manufactoring is manipulated.The free market is almost a joke. Fewer and fewer folks have control over the supply and demand.And fewer still reap the benefits of free enterprise.

Post Thanks / Like

Saudi Arabia controls the flow of oil

Every time a new technology threatens the oil industry the Saudi's pump more oil and drop the price of oil. But one day in the future they won't have the abilty to do that anymore. Even if they frack the ground to get the last drops of oil out of the ground it will run dry at some point in time. That's inevitable folks

Toyota and Honda both are going to MASS Produce fuel cell cars. Do you really think that they could do that and not know what they are doing?

I'm telling your right here and now that fuel cells will power the word someday. Maybe not tomorrow or next year but they will eventually make a huge dint in the world's use of Hydrocarbons.

2015/16 is just right around the corner. 2014 is almost over right now.

Why would anyone want to drive a car that can't be run inside their garage while they stay inside the car as the garage fills up with gas fumes? Instead they can drive a fuel cell powered electric car that not only goes over 300 miles on a fill up but can be filled up in 3 minutes and had no pollution at all.

Have you guys ever seen a Prius or other electric car at a stop light accelerate away from all the other gas powered cars like they were standing still? These little cars are quick and quiet and don't pollute. The main downside right now is the cost. After I posted this thread I went back and read some more of the articled and noticed that these cars sell for $50,000 or so. That would have to change. They need to get the price down to where it's more affordable. The price of vehicles is out of sight these days. Way too much money for these new vehicles.

George you really don't believe that Obama controls the price of oil do you? You're just trolling now!

The oil barrons are the one that control the price of oil and they always have been in control of the supply side of the Oil Economic Picture.

The demand side will continue to grow until the supply side can't keep up and then there will be a huge crash in the oil markets. That's when the alternatives will have to be brought online fast. Unless we plan ahead and do it gradually before the oil runs out for good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    George you really don't believe that Obama controls the price of oil do you? You're just trolling now!
    Keystone........
    Fracking on PUBLIC Land.

Yea, Obama controls that......so indirectly he controls the price of oil.. If you are considering the Saudi's the oil barons, then they control it to an extent too.

I've never been a fan of OPEC and if Obama had any brains in his head, he'd open keystone, and open fracking, and burn coal, and whatever, and put those rag head sum bitches out of business........

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Geo, please don't call them "rag heads". Those are small sheets that they wear on their heads so instead, please refer to them as " little sheet heads".
    Likes TrackerMike, mhall, DJD, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Or Goat Shaggers
    Likes DJD, GeoFisher liked this post