Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    I read the same thing from his post, with the tip-off being his asking about how to store them with no cooler available.

Personally, I wouldn't bleed them out unless I had a container of some sort to store them in, even if it was nothing more than a 5gal bucket. And I probably wouldn't even do it, then ... unless I had ice available. Putting them on a stringer or in a bucket or sack and transporting them home (alive) would probably be a better idea IMHO.

Unless you were intending on cleaning & cooking those catfish right away, bleeding them out shouldn't be necessary. Once bled out, the fish would die ... and the meat would start to deteriorate.

... pappy
    That is a good point pappy. If keeping them alive is not doable then putting the whole fish on ice as soon as possible after they were caught would be an alternative.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robertdilbert View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBAzhUiJ4ys#t=26

if u are referring to my post above, you place the WHOLE fish in ice water, not after fileting it.

search youtube for: "iki jime how to care for your catch"

for somereason this forum won't let me paste anything and I need to type ssslllllllllllooooooooowwwwww.....
    I am having the same problem, I can't past anything and if I type normal peed it skips letters so I have to go back and correct everything I type. Very frustrating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    I am having the same problem, I can't past anything and if I type normal peed it skips letters so I have to go back and correct everything I type. Very frustrating.
    What internet browser are you guys using?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckykingfisher View Post
    internet explorer

Post Thanks / Like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	msie.png 
Views:	366 
Size:	215.0 KB 
ID:	9613

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckykingfisher View Post
    I've had the same issue that affected my system in another forum that I'm active in. It turned out to be a trojan horse causing it. I used a combination of MS Security Essentials and Malwarebytes to remove it from my PC. Both are free to download and use. To see if it is a similar trojan try using Firefox browser, the infection did not manifest itself in Firefox.
    Likes kentuckykingfisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robertdilbert View Post
    internet explorer

If you're using anything below Internet Explorer 10 ... you're likely to be having occasional problems. Chrome or Firefox browsers are free downloads and much less prone to load time problems and glitches. My OS is Vista Home Prem & it only supports up to IE9. IE9 became so slow & buggy that I almost quit using the internet. Put Google Chrome on ... and haven't had any problems since. I still have IE running, but just never use it to browse the internet.

I'm also a big fan of the free antivirus/malware software programs, like Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, and Avast.

... pappy
    Likes Tyme2fish, kentuckykingfisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually use my iphone to post and browse and it runs safari. I've had no issues myself but on my laptop I run Firefox. Google chrome is great as well. I can't recall using IE for a long time. It was SO slow and nothing but trouble.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    If you're using anything below Internet Explorer 10 ... you're likely to be having occasional problems. Chrome or Firefox browsers are free downloads and much less prone to load time problems and glitches. My OS is Vista Home Prem & it only supports up to IE9. IE9 became so slow & buggy that I almost quit using the internet. Put Google Chrome on ... and haven't had any problems since. I still have IE running, but just never use it to browse the internet.

I'm also a big fan of the free antivirus/malware software programs, like Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, and Avast.

... pappy
    its a work computer running IE 10 and i don't have any other problems on any other forums. typing from my home computer now running chrome and am having no issues

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had keyboards to go bad and start doing screwy things, have you tried a different one? Also try switching usb ports in the back of the pc and reboot, if it's an old ps2 keyboard I'd get a new one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I found a trick that has helped. For anyone else having this issue if you click the top left button in the comment box everything seems to then work fine. You just have to do that each time before beginning the post and it allows for normal typing and pasting. I don't know the reason why this has helped or what the problem is that is causing the problem but this appears to be a fix.

I don't have this issue at any other site so I don't think it is related to my computer but more likely how my computer relates to the software on this forum. Kind of like the Chinese writing in the place of the ads that some of us were seeing awhile back.

Post Thanks / Like
    click the top left button in the comment box everything seems to then work fine.
    yup! worked for me