Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Craziest fishing story.

What is your craziest fishing story ever? This can be on any scale, mine however is pretty boring. I was fishing at my pond and forgot to adjust my drag from when my little brother was using it and a HUGE bass took my $15 baitball crankbait and snapped the line. I was so mad because it was a birthday present and I had just had it for a week. A few weeks later I went back down and saw my crankbait just by the bank, a few replaced hooks later, it is better then ever. Whats your story?

Post Thanks / Like
    My friend and I were fishing with minnows and he had a bird take his bait and fly off with it pulling line through the drag as he went. We were in high school at the time and got a big laugh out of it. After letting it go for a ways he yanked it free before the thing ended up eating it along with the hook. Watching him was hysterical because it looked like he way fighting a big one only it was up in the air.
    Likes KYfishman, Tyme2fish liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    ahahahhahahahah

Post Thanks / Like
    I was fishing with a buddy of mine at rough this past summer and was fishing a Texas rig and i felt a weird pressure on my line and as I reeled in it didn't go away and I ended up reeling my line all the way back to the boat and I had a rock hooked in the side on my line. I was amazed I got it in without it falling off. Was reeling pretty fast too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a lot of crazy stories being on the water so much...but since this happened today, I thought I would post it...had a 3 foot Cottonmouth climb up my lower unit today...made for some excitement.
    Likes CaptObvious, GeoFisher, bigcarl6446, peter liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Last summer, my partner and I were fishing on the KY river out of the boat at the lock. It was early in the morning before sun up and it just started getting light. He looks way up on the hill on the far side and blurts out is that a person? are they alive? I turn around and look hard as visibility wasnt that good. It looked like a naked person on their knees laying forward with head on ground either dead or passed out. I blurt out I think they are naked and they may be dead, they arent moving.

So we start trolling across river to see what they deal is. Then suddenly the person sits up and it is a totally naked women who happended to be sitting on top of a totally naked man . The man gets up puts his pants on and of course has a cigarette. End of story right, nope.

Thinking they see us since they moved down below the wall of the lock so we can cant see them. We try to refocus and start fishing again. But a few minutes later they are back in sight, both naked again and the guy has a big camara and starts taking pictures of the women in different poses.

Runner Ups
    - caught a bull frog who jumped off the bank and ambushed my tiny torpedo
    -caught a 4 ft shark that ate the ladyfish i had caught and was reeling in while I was surf fishing
    -caught an ibis(bird) who hit my lure in mid air while surf fishing
    -caught a big water snake as a kid when it ate the bluegill i had hooked

Post Thanks / Like
    While fishing a farm pound with my brother, a bass hit my pop r, spit it out into the air, before it hit the water another bass jumped out of the water and got my pop r, both fish were maybe 15 inches, pretty cool!! also seen a bass jump out of the water and take a small bird off a branch, that was also pretty cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Was fishing in Destin and we are on a school of Jack Crevalle On a flat when a pod of dolphins slammed in the shallows on the same school. Bout had a heart attack cause it was loud, fast, close and totally unexpected.

Post Thanks / Like
    Trout fishing on the cumberland and caught a slot fish using Pink powerbait ball and a night crawler. I thought I had hooked it in the butt because you could see the hook with a pink power bait ball near its anus as I reeled it in. After landing it I realized that I hooked the fish in the mouth. Someone else had hooked the fish and broke off above the swivel. I'm standing there holding a tough ass with a fish hook hanging out the anus (with the pink powerbait still in tact) and the swivel hanging out the mouth. I snipped the swivel off and gently pulled the hook and line out. The fish swam off happily.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a few:

Once while wade fishing elkhorn, cast a pop r by the bank in an eddy and out popped a copperhead, taking in the lure then going into its hole in the bank. He kept that one!

At Cave Run, my mother in back of the boat dunking worms, lands a bluegill, picks it up about 2 feet out of the water and before she gets it in the boat, a large musky jumps out of water, eating fish, bobber and all scaring her to death.

Fishing in the surf, throwing a 1/2 oz jig in 2 feet of water, suddenly see a flash then up jumps a 5 foot tarpon not 6 feet in front of me. Had to change my shorts soon after but kept fish on for three more jumps on 10lb test!

While fighting a large Cobia in a kayak, had an extremely large leopard ray surface between me and the fish, again needed to change my shorts!

Have also caught my share of seagulls and two pelicans. Too many saltwater stories to list!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Fishing Ohio River a couple years back. Happened to catch out of the corner of my eye the biggest snapping turtle I have ever seen. Was as big a a man hole cover! It submerged and fell out of sight. Laughing I told my buddy I am going to catch the biggest thing all day on the next cast. I flung my spinner bait in the general direction and as soon as it hit the bottom I felt a thud... Yea that was interesting getting my $5 Timmy Poe spinner out of him mouth!

In the same exact spot a year later I was in a little tournament of sorts with a group of friends. I had never used the chartreuse garlic scent on a Texas rig before and thought I would give it a try because I only had one keeper so far. Dipped it in the sauce and threw the bait over the side of the boat with I closed the lid so I didn't stain my carpet. When I looked back at my pole it was headed over the side of the boat. I grabbed it in time and ended up winning the tournament with that fish!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stewart View Post
    Have a lot of crazy stories being on the water so much...but since this happened today, I thought I would post it...had a 3 foot Cottonmouth climb up my lower unit today...made for some excitement.
    WOW.

And they say they don't exist down there