Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I threw a buzzbait at a old log that had no limbs on it. As I was bringing it down one side a bass on the other side of the log broke the surface and tried to jump the log to get to my buzzbait. The log had enough water under it that the bass could have swam under the log and came up on the correct side. Instead it tried to jump the log. Weirdest thing I have ever seen.

I heard a noise up in the woods on a steep bank. It sounded like a tree limb breaking. All of a sudden the noise got louder and an entire tree fell and slid down into the water. The tree did not break off. The entire root system was uprooted. It was a rather large tree. It was big enough that a person could not reach around the tree by them self. It was on a calm bright sunshine day with no wind. It had rained a little about 2-3 days earlier. It landed in the edge of the water about 50-75 yards away from where I was at.

One time while fishing at GRL I was near where a gas pipe line crosses the lake. Suddenly I heard a noise and it was obvious that an animal had attacked another animal. I suspect a coyote or bobcat had a rabbit or squirrel for a meal. It was not far from the bank. It was close enough that I could see the grass/weeds/undergrowth moving as the fight/struggle was going on. I don't know exactly what happened but it was loud. Once the attacker had it's prey the noise got even louder.

Post Thanks / Like
    They are here and this time of year you better watch out for them when you are fishing shallow...this is the time of the year they are nesting and the females get very aggressive when you get near their nests....this makes the 4th one I have had crawl up my lower unit in the 20 years I have been down here...I have left fish before because they keep trying to come at you...they don't give up either...if you chase her away she will come back. By the way, I do know what a Cottonmouth looks like...got bite by one back in the 70's and they do make you sick.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Was wading Elk horn one summer with my buddy in waist deep water. I was wearing a pair of cutoff blue jeans going commando style. I felt something hit my leg, thinking it was a stick I just kept going. After two or three more steps I realized what hit me had still had me,then I found out it was in my shorts. I couldn't see it and wasn't real sure what to do. After throwing my rod to my hysterical buddy, I decided to take my shorts off and hope for the best. I got my shorts undone and decided to reach in and grab this invader. Hoping it would bite my hand instead of the other contents of my shorts. I reached in and laying right by my junk was a 12 inch largemouth. I was never so glad to get it out and it not to be a snake. That was 25 years ago and my buddy still tells that story when we get together. He was laughing so hard he fell down in the water and got a lung full of water. I admit it was funny after I got it out. When the foreign critter is in your pants it becomes a serious issue.
    Likes GeoFisher, KYfishman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stewart View Post
    They are here and this time of year you better watch out for them when you are fishing shallow...this is the time of the year they are nesting and the females get very aggressive when you get near their nests....this makes the 4th one I have had crawl up my lower unit in the 20 years I have been down here...I have left fish before because they keep trying to come at you...they don't give up either...if you chase her away she will come back. By the way, I do know what a Cottonmouth looks like...got bite by one back in the 70's and they do make you sick.
    Western Ky is where the biologists say they are. As a press observer during the Red Man All-American on the Arkansas River, they were nesting and were very aggressive like you describe!

Post Thanks / Like
    Fly fishing the Rapidan River in Virginia I got ran out of the water by a sow black bear with cubs. She was within 25 yards of me standing on her hind legs popping her teeth. Thought I was going to need new waders by the time I got back to my truck!

New Washington, Indiana, The good ole U.S.A..
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellkat View Post
    When the foreign critter is in your pants it becomes a serious issue.
    This needs to be on a T-shirt...............
    Likes Tim_T liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Bandit 1 , I remember that day well. There was nothing between us and my worm had done gone into hiding. I knew that critter needed to come out and there wasn't time to think about it