Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Taylorsville crappie 12/14

I fished taylorsville yesterday and caught over 20 keepers in around 6 hours with most of them being 10"-12". I put in at state and the water was muddy. Once I made it to the main lake it had good color and the water temp was 41. I caught all of my fish on standing timber with a tube about 3-4 feet deep under a bobber. I caught 6 bass doing that also. Once I was done crappie fishing I switched to bass for a hour or so throwing a crankbait and caught nothing. My guess is that they are only wanting slow baits now. Hope this helps. Good luck guys.
    Likes peter, charley2, bigcarl6446 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for great report.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks also.

Post Thanks / Like
    no problem just trying to get ppl to start sharing info on here again. in my opinion the guys and gals on here have gotten pretty tight lipped.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the report. i haven't had ANY luck the past couple of months for fish, and i have never caught a crappie before. i am wondering if there is a launch on the main lake where i won't have to travel far to the clear water, i am in a kayak. did you have a particular tube color that was working?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robertdilbert View Post
    thanks for the report. i haven't had ANY luck the past couple of months for fish, and i have never caught a crappie before. i am wondering if there is a launch on the main lake where i won't have to travel far to the clear water, i am in a kayak. did you have a particular tube color that was working?
    Just put in at settlers trace and go to the first cove you find. It will have standing timber. Just straight chartreuse and black and chartreuse worked well for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fishinfreak View Post
    Just put in at settlers trace and go to the first cove you find. It will have standing timber. Just straight chartreuse and black and chartreuse worked well for me.
    thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again for the tip. I'm headed to Taylorsville Friday morning, was originally going to jig a flutter for spoon for LM or Hybrid but you have convinced to do a little Crappie fishing.

I'll report back how I did.

Post Thanks / Like
    no problem just trying to get ppl to start sharing info on here again. in my opinion the guys and gals on here have gotten pretty tight lipped.
    I think a lot of us wish we could share info. But the problem Is all the people who get on this site and read this, but aren't a member and don't give back. People just don't want there favorite spots being filled up with more boats than fish. That's my input on it. I'll gladly pm someone to talk about a spot but not on the discussion boards!
    Likes mhall, bigcarl6446 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1233 View Post
    I think a lot of us wish we could share info. But the problem Is all the people who get on this site and read this, but aren't a member and don't give back. People just don't want there favorite spots being filled up with more boats than fish. That's my input on it. I'll gladly pm someone to talk about a spot but not on the discussion boards!
    i can understand that but i'm just referring to ppl being tight lipped on the smallest of things such as water conditions. more times than not i'm not going to just tell my spots but i don't see a problem with saying fish are biting and the techniques used to catch them. it still takes some skill to finish the puzzle even when the pieces are laid in front of you. everybody is all on this forum to catch fish and learn in the process of doing so and what better way to get a head start than by sharing our information.

Post Thanks / Like
    i can understand that but i'm just referring to ppl being tight lipped on the smallest of things such as water conditions. more times than not i'm not going to just tell my spots but i don't see a problem with saying fish are biting and the techniques used to catch them. it still takes some skill to finish the puzzle even when the pieces are laid in front of you. everybody is all on this forum to catch fish and learn in the process of doing so and what better way to get a head start than by sharing our information.

While that is true, this time of year there's a lot of people that are doing other things and the traffic on here (and many other discussion board sites) lightens up. Not to mention that now that many people have major technology aboard their boats, even telling something as simple as "I was mid ways up such & such creek, fishing a rock pile" can be putting out too much info. It's sad that it's like that, but even with your "put in at Settler's > go to first cove" pretty much tells me where you fished (and it's one of my favorite spots, too). But, that's OK ... since it's pretty much a "community hole" anyway ... LOL !!!

... pappy
    Likes bigcarl6446 liked this post