Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Dents in propeller

I have a Yamaha 250 SHO is several small dents in the prop. Don't seem to be vibrating. Need help. Do i need a new Prop.

Post Thanks / Like

dented propeller

you can have it reconditioned . theres several places that do it. tuckers landing in clarksville, indiana for one.most boat dealers have some body they send them to, to have them serviced, and returned .

Post Thanks / Like

Prop repair? SS or AL?

If you are in the Lake Cumberland Area, send me an email and I'll point you torward the Best of the Best. From my personal exp. PS. they also do Racing Props!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter Hornet View Post
    I have a Yamaha 250 SHO is several small dents in the prop. Don't seem to be vibrating. Need help. Do i need a new Prop.
    Thank You Very Much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adriancretired View Post
    you can have it reconditioned . theres several places that do it. tuckers landing in clarksville, indiana for one.most boat dealers have some body they send them to, to have them serviced, and returned .
    Thank You.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyLie View Post
    If you are in the Lake Cumberland Area, send me an email and I'll point you torward the Best of the Best. From my personal exp. PS. they also do Racing Props!
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter Hornet View Post
    Mark Croxten in Shelbyville IN is the best there is period. He has probally forgot more about props that what most prop repair guys know...He worked 26 years for Precision Propellers in Indianapolis. In 2003 he started his own business called Mark's Props. He can repair your prop or if your interested in buying a new prop he can sell you one of the props he designed. He has a 3 blade Razor and a 4 blade Razor XL that is a good prop for bass boat hulls.

Go to his website and fill out a work order...a repair consist of clean/sharpen/polish and bringing all of the blades back into factory specs. If there is a something about your prop you do not like he will modify it. ie:cup, pitch, ventilation or etc. If all you want is your prop brought back into factory specs just check repair on the work order.

FYI...he recently had surgery and is recovering. He is suppose to start back working on props in January 2015. His business is a one man show. The good part about that is he is the only person who works on props so you know he personally done the repair. The bad part is he has been off for about a month recovering from surgery so he may be a little behind when he starts back in January.

I have used his service twice. Both times when I shipped him my prop from the time it left my house it was back on my boat in less than a week. Like I said earlier he has been off work for a month so he may have a little back log?

I am positive there are other people who are capable of fixing your prop. If you want it done buy somebody who has an excellent reputation Mark Croxten is your guy

http://marksprops.com/index.html