Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tim_T fly rod

Post Thanks / Like

Tim_T fly rod

Went to Cabelas today to buy a reel at the sale price but they did not have it in stock. Just about then Tim Tipton showed up and sold me a flyrod and whatever else it was I needed to get me going. No clue how to use any of it. It's good to have somebody at Cabela's that you know and also knows what they're talking about.

He told me this set up would catch fish and that was good enough for me.
    Likes GeoFisher, mhall, Bandit1, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Went to Cabelas today to buy a reel at the sale price but they did not have it in stock. Just about then Tim Tipton showed up and sold me a flyrod and whatever else it was I needed to get me going. No clue how to use any of it. It's good to have somebody at Cabela's that you know and also knows what they're talking about.

He told me this set up would catch fish and that was good enough for me.
    I need to go over there and pester him a little
    Likes mhall, Bandit1, riverrat12 liked this post

New Washington, Indiana, The good ole U.S.A..
    Post Thanks / Like
    He (TimT) is supposed to be giving seminars on fly fishing at the boat show this year.

Austin & I are going over on Saturday the 24th to hear him & Clay Dyer speak. Ought to be a good time. We are supposed to meet fisheater over there as well.

Jason
    Likes GeoFisher, mhall, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit1 View Post
    He (TimT) is supposed to be giving seminars on fly fishing at the boat show this year. Austin & I are going over on Saturday the 24th to hear him & Clay Dyer speak. Ought to be a good time. We are supposed to meet fisheater over there as well. Jason
    He is doing seminars on two days he told me.

Can anybody post the dates and times Tim is speaking and any other fly fishing speakers times that are if interest.
    Thanks.
    Likes mhall, Bandit1, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit1 View Post
    He (TimT) is supposed to be giving seminars on fly fishing at the boat show this year.

Austin & I are going over on Saturday the 24th to hear him & Clay Dyer speak. Ought to be a good time. We are supposed to meet fisheater over there as well.

Jason
    I find Clay Dyer to be one of the most inspirational people I have ever seen in this life. I am going have to meet you fellas down there for this one and hear ole Tim speak. I'm not much a fly fisherman but what the heck.
    Likes Bandit1, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    I find Clay Dyer to be one of the most inspirational people I have ever seen in this life. I am going have to meet you fellas down there for this one and hear ole Tim speak. I'm not much a fly fisherman but what the heck.
    My seminars are on Friday the 23rd. at 6 p.m. and Saturday the 24th at 7 p.m. It is titled and introduction to fly fishing. Not sure how good it will be as this will be my first time ever doing seminars.

You guys will absolutely love Clay Dyer. I got to know him and share a boat with him a couple of years ago at the Strike King Writers Conference on Kentucky Lake. I have even ate hot wings with him! Super guy and I am really looking forward to seeing him again!
    Likes mhall, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    For got to add. On Saturday the 24th. The Derby City Fly Fishers will be having their annual Fly Fishing Show at the hotel that used to be the Holiday Inn off Fern Valley and I-65. I will be there most of the day working the Cabela's booth, Leaving straight from there to the boat show to do my seminar.
    Likes mhall liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    We can all sit around & talk about how ugly he REALLY is............Tim not Clay...............LOL

Caught that just in time..........
    Likes mhall, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What time does Clay Dyer start?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Peter,

Clay is at Noon & 3.
    Likes mhall liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Givin thisa bump

Don't forget to go to Tim Tipton's seminar -- dates copied below and info in this thread.

-------

Tim's seminars are on Friday the 23rd. at 6 p.m. and Saturday the 24th at 7 p.m. It is titled and introduction to fly fishing. Not sure how good it will be as this will be my first time ever doing seminars.

You guys will absolutely love Clay Dyer. I got to know him and share a boat with him a couple of years ago at the Strike King Writers Conference on Kentucky Lake. I have even ate hot wings with him! Super guy and I am really looking forward to seeing him again!

----------
    Clay's is--

Clay is at Noon & 3
    Likes Bandit1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am new here and don't know what Cabela's yall talking about but am pretty sure it aint the one down here in Cajun country. The one thing for sure is ten minutes with a good fly fisherman will save ya a world of hurt and disappointment. A few simple tips like in the other post great to get you started. Find an open area in your yard or park and practice there first. Once you get the basics of the cast down think of your fishing spots. Do you need to cast under things, how much room for your back cast? what bait will you use and how heavy is it. I gave a few lessons to some boy scouts and one of the things they thanked me for the most was stretching a bamboo pole 4 ft high parallel with the ground and a white line 10 ft behind it representing the bank. We practiced casting under the pole to the "Bank" at different distances. They felt this the most important lesson because of where we fish. What are your fishing requirement, a little practice is the difference between a great and miserable first trip.