Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Shooting Range near Evansville, IN

Where are all the indoor shooting ranges in the tri state area? Looking for an indoor range for this winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Uncle Rudy's and Right to Bear Arms in Haubstadt, IN

Well I found two new indoor shooting ranges that cater to pistols, rifles and even archery shooters. They are not cheap to join though. $300 to $250 for a single yearly membership pass. But you get to shoot indoors during inclement weather which is nice. Check them out if you are into indoor shooting.

Post Thanks / Like

I should edit this thread a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    Well I found two new indoor shooting ranges that cater to pistols, rifles and even archery shooters. They are not cheap to join though. $300 to $250 for a single yearly membership pass. But you get to shoot indoors during inclement weather which is nice. Check them out if you are into indoor shooting.
    I found two shooting ranges which will have indoor shooting ranges. Only one in operation right now but the other will open this summer 2015. And the one that's open is up in Hobstadt, IN and it's called Right To Bear Arms. It's a very nice facility with multiple shooting lanes and adjustable targets out to 25 yards. I tried it out a couple of weeks ago. I rented one of the new Glock 43s and purchased a box of 50 rounds of FMJ Federal 9 mm 115 gr. The gun was not nearly as accurate as my PPQ M2 9mm pistol as the trigger on the glock is not as smooth and doesn't have the quick reset that the Police Pistol Quick PPQ does. But the range is nice. It's well ventilated and clean. You are required to wear ear/eye protection before you go down the stairs to the range. And it can get loud in there with multiple shooters. I think that there were nine different lanes in two separate areas but right next to each other. You have a toggle switch where you can move the target holder out or in and the target (cardboard target) clip easily to the overhead target holder which rides on a cable and is moved via an electric motor and cables that go over head along the shooting lanes. I think I paid $20 for an hour of shooting. I paid ten more bucks to rent the glock 43 so that I could check it out before buying one. This is a nice feature if you are planning to buy a handgun and want to know how you like it first. I had to buy a box of ammo from them to shoot the Glock 43 with but I used some of my own cheaper ammo in my PPQ. I buy Blazer Brass in Bulk so it's cheaper for me to shoot. I save a lot of my brass and will probably reload it someday.

The second indoor shooting ranges is called Uncle Rudy's and it's going to open later this summer. I talked to one of the guys who works for Popham which is the construction company that's doing the build. The building is being remodeled and they are adding the shooting lanes into the inside of an existing building. I need to drive over there and check it out. I know the owner of Popham and could call him and find out what's going on. But he is a very busy guy and I really don't want to disturb him too often. They have a web site or Facebook Page that I should have rechecked before I started this post. They will be located in Evansville, IN out on the East Side by Tri State Racket Club.