Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .LaGrange
    Posts
    10,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Keystone Pipeline

    Barry says he will veto any bill to promote the pipeline further. Why is Golf boy and his minions so against this pipe line going in. Big oil paying them off is my bet. Why does his Golfness constantly try and block alternative energy sources and please don't tell me how much he likes Windmills, LOL....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Albany, Indiana.
    Posts
    8,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Barry says he will veto any bill to promote the pipeline further. Why is Golf boy and his minions so against this pipe line going in. Big oil paying them off is my bet. Why does his Golfness constantly try and block alternative energy sources and please don't tell me how much he likes Windmills, LOL....
    I doubt he will veto it. AND if he does, it will be sent back with "veto proof" additions. When you have the house and senate THINGS get done. WAIT.

    Demo Communists just don't know how to get **** done.

    I'm looking forward to Obama vetoing all he can. When the Senate sends a veto proof bill, what is he gonna do?
    Likes mhall liked this post

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .LaGrange
    Posts
    10,740
    Post Thanks / Like
    The reason I bring this up is he is running around all over the country on his ''NEVER ENDING'' campaign trail with his little man girl chest poked out screaming about how he will veto any bill promoting the further advancement of the pipeline. With his Hawaii tan and his George Jefferson strut and great little one liners.........GAG

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Carlisle
    Posts
    1,096
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't care about this pipeline one way or the other, you guys do realize the purpose of this is to give canada a route to market their oil which will be marketed regardless of the pipeline and the oil will be put on the world market either way so the end result will be the same... From what I have read it is going to produce 40 or 50 permanent jobs after the couple years it takes to build it then whatever might go wrong with the thing will be on us soil... It seems the oil is headed to the gulf states for refinement then on to the great beyond along with the rest of the exports... It doesn't look to me like there will be any additional oil supplied, it will only come from a different source.... There is a fella around here that retired from out that way and according to him, none of the people who live in the path of the thing want it and thats probably true all the way through the route of the thing, It looks like pretty much a no gain for the us, crude will be the same price and quantity with or without the pipeline.
    Likes waterdog101 liked this post

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like

    Jobs v Jobs Etc

    The 35 permanent jobs referenced by some is a result of a US State Department study and considering the source, I wouldn't place much credence in this. For those interested in multi-viewpoints with some numbers (competing) and a comparison between the Alaskan and Keystone, got to: http://www.forbes.com/sites/energyso...y-keystone-xl/ Forbes isn't known as a left or right wing business publication, they're known for fact based financial reporting. Of particular interest in the Keystone debate is the fact that there are already two Keystone trunk lines, this would be the third. What isn't in dispute is the thousands of permanent ancillary jobs that the pipeline will foster and that's where the winner is for America. The number that the Obamaites like to rattle around is the 35 number, and they may be right, but keep in mind that those numbers are based on projected Keystone permanent jobs as a result of its build. Personally, I can't really see where you can maintain and manage this pipeline with only 35 but hey, I'm not in the oil business. I do know that the existing pipelines under Keystone's control, which presently operate in the US have several hundred employees.
    Likes GeoFisher, mhall liked this post

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,177
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was listening to NPR radio a couple months back, and I think it was on the Diane Rehms show. they were discussing the keystone pipeline, the pipeline is already being used, and has had a lot of eruptions already, the tar is so thick it has to be heated as well as have harmful chemicals mixed with it before it can be piped. here is some of the article on damage the keystone pipeline has already done. it may not be possible but heres a thought, it's Canada's tar why don't they build the pipeline across canada to a shipping port.

    Trans*Canada, the $48 billion Canadian company that owns the Keystone, has repeatedly said the XL will be “the safest pipeline ever built on U.S. soil,” a technological marvel with automatic shut-off valves and satellite monitoring. The exact composition of what will flow through the pipeline is not publicly available, but it will include bitumen — a thick, semisolid petroleum product — blended with natural gas that has been pressurized to become a liquid. If the line is approved, it could carry 830,000 barrels a day of this “diluted bitumen” across Nebraska, over 275 miles and through 515 private properties. No one knows exactly what a leak would do, but evidence from past malfunctions suggests catastrophe. In 2010, a spill from Enbridge’s Line 6B dropped 840,000 gallons of bitumen to the bottom of the Kalamazoo River in Michigan. Four years and more than a billion dollars later, the cleanup continues. Last spring, Exxon’s Pegasus line burst near a residential area of Mayflower, Ark., spreading 210,000 gallons of bitumen through neighborhood streets, causing evacuations and leaving residents complaining of respiratory problems, nausea and headaches.
    Likes Moveon, Hlleonard liked this post

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,092
    Post Thanks / Like

    This pipe will not be laid. It will go no where`

    Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    I was listening to NPR radio a couple months back, and I think it was on the Diane Rehms show. they were discussing the keystone pipeline, the pipeline is already being used, and has had a lot of eruptions already, the tar is so thick it has to be heated as well as have harmful chemicals mixed with it before it can be piped. here is some of the article on damage the keystone pipeline has already done.

    Trans*Canada, the $48 billion Canadian company that owns the Keystone, has repeatedly said the XL will be “the safest pipeline ever built on U.S. soil,” a technological marvel with automatic shut-off valves and satellite monitoring. The exact composition of what will flow through the pipeline is not publicly available, but it will include bitumen — a thick, semisolid petroleum product — blended with natural gas that has been pressurized to become a liquid. If the line is approved, it could carry 830,000 barrels a day of this “diluted bitumen” across Nebraska, over 275 miles and through 515 private properties. No one knows exactly what a leak would do, but evidence from past malfunctions suggests catastrophe. In 2010, a spill from Enbridge’s Line 6B dropped 840,000 gallons of bitumen to the bottom of the Kalamazoo River in Michigan. Four years and more than a billion dollars later, the cleanup continues. Last spring, Exxon’s Pegasus line burst near a residential area of Mayflower, Ark., spreading 210,000 gallons of bitumen through neighborhood streets, causing evacuations and leaving residents complaining of respiratory problems, nausea and headaches.
    Obama is going to Veto this bill. So don't worry it's not going to be built on US soil. If Canada wants this pipeline let them build it across Canada. Let them suffer any environmental damages if the pipeline leaks. After all this is their oil not ours.
    Likes waterdog101, Hlleonard, Tim_T liked this post

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Albany, Indiana.
    Posts
    8,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hlleonard View Post
    I really don't care about this pipeline one way or the other, you guys do realize the purpose of this is to give canada a route to market their oil which will be marketed regardless of the pipeline and the oil will be put on the world market either way so the end result will be the same... From what I have read it is going to produce 40 or 50 permanent jobs after the couple years it takes to build it then whatever might go wrong with the thing will be on us soil... It seems the oil is headed to the gulf states for refinement then on to the great beyond along with the rest of the exports... It doesn't look to me like there will be any additional oil supplied, it will only come from a different source.... There is a fella around here that retired from out that way and according to him, none of the people who live in the path of the thing want it and thats probably true all the way through the route of the thing, It looks like pretty much a no gain for the us, crude will be the same price and quantity with or without the pipeline.
    Read something besides LEFTIST garbage will ya.......40 or 50 permanent jobs? Yea right.

    Just like the LIES that Obama and the Leftists have been telling for years. There is not enough oil in the Dakotas to make a difference, YET Saudi is trying to destroy those companies, because there is in fact enough oil in the Dakotas to make a difference.

    Proven reserves there put us on par with Saudi as far as reserves go. And if that sum bitch on the hill Obama would ever open up the Oil Leases that Bush's GAO found in 2005, you're really see some oil pour out of the Bakken fields.

    Lets not forget that Obama shut down all the leases approved in 2005 by Bush as his FIRST action as president.

    Read a little.....just a little and you will be amazed what you can learn.

    later,

    Geo
    Likes mhall liked this post

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Albany, Indiana.
    Posts
    8,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    Obama is going to Veto this bill. So don't worry it's not going to be built on US soil. If Canada wants this pipeline let them build it across Canada. Let them suffer any environmental damages if the pipeline leaks. After all this is their oil not ours.
    He will veto it, and it will be sent back as VETO PROOF. It will be built, and Obama will be forced to sign it.

    Of course, his legacy already ***** ass, so maybe he doesn't give a crap. He sure doesn't give a crap about much anything else that is important, so why this.

    Later,

    Geo
    Likes mhall liked this post

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Carlisle
    Posts
    1,096
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Read something besides LEFTIST garbage will ya.......40 or 50 permanent jobs? Yea right.

    Just like the LIES that Obama and the Leftists have been telling for years. There is not enough oil in the Dakotas to make a difference, YET Saudi is trying to destroy those companies, because there is in fact enough oil in the Dakotas to make a difference.

    Proven reserves there put us on par with Saudi as far as reserves go. And if that sum bitch on the hill Obama would ever open up the Oil Leases that Bush's GAO found in 2005, you're really see some oil pour out of the Bakken fields.

    Lets not forget that Obama shut down all the leases approved in 2005 by Bush as his FIRST action as president.

    Read a little.....just a little and you will be amazed what you can learn.

    later,

    Geo
    --
    Or I could glue the dial on my tv to fox news then I wouldn't need the to know the truth about anything, seems to work for you guys...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Palestine, Illinois, USA.
    Posts
    1,733
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    Obama is going to Veto this bill. So don't worry it's not going to be built on US soil. If Canada wants this pipeline let them build it across Canada. Let them suffer any environmental damages if the pipeline leaks. After all this is their oil not ours.
    What an idiotic post how will this oil get to American refineries if it goes across Canada??? It will not be Canada oil it will be our oil after we buy it. We have pipelines running everywhere and they all have shut off valves so the risk of spills are very minimal. I would rather buy oil from our good neighbors to the north than from Mid East Muslim nations. Obama Is talking down the 40,000 temporary jobs as though they do not count but he was all over these type shovel ready jobs before he was against them.

    Give me ONE GOOD reason not to build this pipeline. If we build it it can also move the shale oil from Nebraska and get it off the rail roads.
    Likes mhall, GeoFisher liked this post

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Albany, Indiana.
    Posts
    8,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
    What an idiotic post how will this oil get to American refineries if it goes across Canada??? It will not be Canada oil it will be our oil after we buy it. We have pipelines running everywhere and they all have shut off valves so the risk of spills are very minimal. I would rather buy oil from our good neighbors to the north than from Mid East Muslim nations. Obama Is talking down the 40,000 temporary jobs as though they do not count but he was all over these type shovel ready jobs before he was against them.

    Give me ONE GOOD reason not to build this pipeline. If we build it it can also move the shale oil from Nebraska and get it off the rail roads.
    Leftists and LibTARDS have everyone convinced that Canadian Oil is simply going to pass through our country, be refined into gasoline and be SOLD somewhere overseas.

    That has been the narrative for a **** ton of years. You know what....it ain't true. Oil and resources we can keep in NORTH AMERICA and utilize in NORTH AMERICA, and refine in NORTH AMERICA makes NORTH AMERICA stronger....

    But hey, arguing with a libtard is hard. Real Hard.
    Likes mhall liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. KY Pipeline.
    By Nanna in forum "Off Topic" Posts
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-30-2014, 06:30 AM
  2. Bluegrass Pipeline
    By Nanna in forum "Off Topic" Posts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-31-2013, 10:53 PM
  3. watch this video about Keystone.......
    By GeoFisher in forum "Off Topic" Posts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2012, 09:18 AM
  4. Pipeline Under Elkhorn
    By jcb in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 03:44 PM
  5. KEYSTONE COPS ARE AT IT AGAIN...
    By Guest Author in forum Hunting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-29-2004, 05:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •