Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Braided line improvements.

When I used braid I used Power Pro. I never really liked the sound of it going through the guides so I basically stopped using it and went to their Flouro line.

Actually, I do use some FireLine on my spinning feels and I have a Carolina Rig Rod with some old Power Pro on it but that's it.

i watched a few short videos on Seaguars braided lines and the marketing says it's more tightly woven with more strands to eliminate that noise and makes it feel more rounded. Has anyone used this?? Any other braid that doesn't make that sound?

im going to spool a few rods with braid for an upcoming Florida Trip on the Kissimmee Chain and wanted to get my Flippin Stick ready along with a rod for casting Flukes and Toads.

Any experience with new braided lines would be appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried PP Super Slick? I've never paid much attention to the noise braid makes but i have it on my a rig rod and dont notice it making the normal braid noise.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use PP 10/2 on my 7' Bionic Blade, which has ceramic insert guides, and it doesn't make much noise ... even though the line is a few years old and the "coating" has long worn off.

I did try it on some other rods, but the noise was too annoying. Those rods had metal guides.

Every TV angler I've ever seen, that uses braid, must not be as annoyed by the ssssszzzzzz sound braid makes coming through the guides .... as you or I ... since you don't even have to hear them advertise that they're using braid, to know they are ... LOL !!!

... pappy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    When I used braid I used Power Pro. I never really liked the sound of it going through the guides so I basically stopped using it and went to their Flouro line.

Actually, I do use some FireLine on my spinning feels and I have a Carolina Rig Rod with some old Power Pro on it but that's it.

i watched a few short videos on Seaguars braided lines and the marketing says it's more tightly woven with more strands to eliminate that noise and makes it feel more rounded. Has anyone used this?? Any other braid that doesn't make that sound?

im going to spool a few rods with braid for an upcoming Florida Trip on the Kissimmee Chain and wanted to get my Flippin Stick ready along with a rod for casting Flukes and Toads.

Slick eight is awesome almost no sound going through guides compared to other braids

Post Thanks / Like
    My buddy and I have been trying different kinds of braid over the years. We have pretty much decided that there isn't much difference between them. Some seem to be stronger than others. Some float and some sink. Most have really improved with knot strength over the years too. After a lot of trial and error we have pretty much settled with Power Pro.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you do not like the sound you need to use any of the 8 carrier braids, like Power Pro Super 8 Slick or Seaguar Smackdown. I use PP Super 8 myself and have no complaints.

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate the info fellas. I was doing a little research based on the comments and I agree with the 8 strand idea. Sounds like it is easier to tie solid knots with (I never had a problem anyway) and should be quieter rubbing against pad stems and roots.
    I'm gonna get 40-50lb in whatever brand I get. The P line TCB 8, Seaguar Kanzen and the PP Slick all sound good.

Post Thanks / Like
    go on TUF-lines website. They're a smaller company that ran some deal for a while where they'd send you a free spool all you had to do was pay for shipping so I figured I'd try it out. They sent me this weird rubber coated braid that just seemed plain weird. But I tried it out and ended up really liking it. I also ordered some hevi-core braid off their website and really like it too. I haven't had a problem with any of their lines making noise. They do also make an 8 stranded line. I'd suggest trying them out! There prices were reasonable from what I remember!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1233 View Post
    go on TUF-lines website. They're a smaller company that ran some deal for a while where they'd send you a free spool all you had to do was pay for shipping so I figured I'd try it out. They sent me this weird rubber coated braid that just seemed plain weird. But I tried it out and ended up really liking it. I also ordered some hevi-core braid off their website and really like it too. I haven't had a problem with any of their lines making noise. They do also make an 8 stranded line. I'd suggest trying them out! There prices were reasonable from what I remember!
    I checked that out and didn't see the program you talked about but that's not a problem. After reading tons of articles and marketing I'm going with the most economical 8 strand braid. I believe PP slick was the best price at Walmart but I'm hitting BPS tomorrow and will check the lines I'm interested in. Thanks for the reply!

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a braid co up in Florence, Ky called fins, good braided line.
    Don't know web address,they sell it in some stores. I bought mine at a Fin booth at a swap meet.
    Bassky

Post Thanks / Like
    Hit BPS today and bought the PP Super Slick. After feeling the others and then the PP SS I had to get that. It was a night and day difference on how smooth it felt compared to the other 8 strand braids. Plus I think it's a little cheaper than the others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post

DJD I use power Pro and I do not have a problem with noise however when I am fishing I do not wear either hearing aid.