Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Need Help on Guntersville

My father, brother, and I are planning our first ever trip to Guntersville for a week beginning the very end of March. I could really use some help from guys who know the lake and the area.

First things first...We need a place to stay. I've been looking online and everything that has places to park your truck and boat with charging hookups and is set up for fishermen is at least $100 a night or more. I'm used to the cabins we rent at Fork or Kentucky for about $65 a night and they are right on the water even with private boat ramps. Any suggestions???

Second things second...If push came to shove I could sleep under the stars or in my truck, but we are coming to catch fish and that's non negotiable. Being brand new to such a huge body of water is daunting. When we first started fishing Fork years ago I reached out on their forum and had some really good guys steer me in the right direction. Obviously I don't expect anyone to give me their honey hole coordinates, just hoping for someone with experience to give me an idea where to start.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help on either front. Good luck to you all this season and God Bless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a lot of people have viewed my thread but no replies. Really looking for some help here. If for some reason you don't feel comfortable responding please send me a pm instead. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Goosepond

Try Goose pond or G'ville state park.
    Holler at me when you get down close, be glad to help
    Ed

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are reports from guides for guntersville.

http://www.fishin.com/forums2/conten...ing-report-all

There are old reports there too for reference and Mike Gerry also writes some articles.

Search for guntersville and you should get tons if information. You can also try searching for Guntersville spring fishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to everyone who replied. A lot of really great people here willing to help out. That's why I love the sport. I will post up once we get down there and let everyone know how we are doing. Thanks again...!

Post Thanks / Like
    hey if you want to find out good fishing reports for guntersville look at the fishing reports with WMI. in the name. Just google guntersville fishing reports. Also i fish guntersville several times in the spring a year. Basically all the creeks fish the same for the most part. Xcalibur xr 50s and 75s in the rayburn red and foxy shad are excellent also texas rig a missle bait dbomb with atleast a 1/2 oz weight in the superbug color. the a rig is awesome too their. The tightline jigs in the guntersville special is also a good bait. I like to fish off shore structure therebut off shore to me there is maybe a hump that goes from 10 feet to 5 feet. its nothing like fishing up here or a texas lake thats for sure... chatter baits are good too down there. I could talk all day about guntersville my wife dont know this yet but we will have a house down there someday lol. I hope this helps. Allred marina area is good, seibold is good as well as mink and north sauty creek.. But all the creeks i listed fish the same way too..

Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan, I really appreciate the input. I will definately give those a go when we hit the water. My biggest concern isn't what baits to fish, but like you said I've heard you can't fish it the way I do Kentucky, Barkley, or Fork. Do the bass just not relate to shoreline structure on Guntersville? From the maps and pics I've been reviewing it seems like there is a huge amount of shoreline structure in the form of grass lines, docks, points, etc. However, I keep hearing that you have to find places out in open water with contour changes. I'll admit that I'm a stranger to that type of fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Fish the Humps & Holes!

What time of year?
    Water Temps?
    Cold now, they were staging at creek mouths but have moved back out to the "bars"
    Channel drop offs, grass lines, humps & holes out on main lake

Quote Originally Posted by bassfishing3241 View Post
    Ryan, I really appreciate the input. I will definately give those a go when we hit the water. My biggest concern isn't what baits to fish, but like you said I've heard you can't fish it the way I do Kentucky, Barkley, or Fork. Do the bass just not relate to shoreline structure on Guntersville? From the maps and pics I've been reviewing it seems like there is a huge amount of shoreline structure in the form of grass lines, docks, points, etc. However, I keep hearing that you have to find places out in open water with contour changes. I'll admit that I'm a stranger to that type of fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Place to stay

I'm going in mid April and decided to camp to maximize the time on the water. The state park was full so we are staying at Honeycomb campground. $25 dollars with dock slip and electricity.

Post Thanks / Like

Place to stay

I'm going in mid April and decided to camp to maximize the time on the water. The state park was full so we are staying at Honeycomb campground. $25 dollars with dock slip and electricity.
    Likes rebranger liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

HoneyComb mid april

Good give me a holler if you need any pointers, help etc. Fishin will be great!
    Ed Hood, 256-883-8615

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rebranger View Post
    Good give me a holler if you need any pointers, help etc. Fishin will be great!
    Ed Hood, 256-883-8615
    I'll do that. We need help since it's our first time down.