Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Get a life Hlleonard

Just more liberal trash outta PA, speaking of which, qualifying for food stamps, ADC, etc etc is based on where you live PA vs TX is skewed at best. As to making ends meet, let's remember that it's a trickle down effect. Every time the obumanenet (govt) sets the poverty threshold numbers, then just that many folks are taken out of the workforce, it's basic economics and a bit of historical review of the subject will show the numbers. In our rush to make everyone equal and re-distribute the wealth, we've lost sight of what made this country. With over 50% of the country on some type of entitlement, what do you expect. As to construction jobs, I dare say a significant percentage of the folks out there who would qualify are to busy shootin up and snortin and couldn't be bothered with a job when they can get all they need, free cell phones, govt assistance, etc. doing nothing.
    Likes mhall, GeoFisher, ranger dave liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Push to be equal is a phrase coined by the right wing...... People wish to be able to provide for their families and 10 dollars an hour just doesn't do that... We are a better country economically when wages provide that and working people don't have to depend on handouts.. I guess you guys don't believe we have an entire class of working poor in this country, there is a reason we have that..

Post Thanks / Like
    I have two fellow employees, both who get Medicaid benefits. One just purchased a 2014 vehicle, only to crash it not 30 minutes after buying it. The other's husband came through yesterday - driving a nice new mini-cooper. I drive a 2004 vehicle. Go figure. Why better yourselves when you can just get a check that allows you to buy nice things? It's a no brainier really. All of us who go to work day after day are the morons.....
    Likes Tyme2fish, mhall, GeoFisher, ranger dave liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hlleonard View Post
    Push to be equal is a phrase coined by the right wing...... People wish to be able to provide for their families and 10 dollars an hour just doesn't do that... We are a better country economically when wages provide that and working people don't have to depend on handouts.. I guess you guys don't believe we have an entire class of working poor in this country, there is a reason we have that..
    And the reason 9 times out of 10 is because they make poor choices with the money they make - like having to have the new jumbo iPhone 6s and new cars they can't afford. Not to worry though, plenty of hard working schmucks out there that will pick up the slack. If its good enough for the kardasians then by gawd we better buy 2 or 3 of them....
    Likes mhall, GeoFisher, ranger dave liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by psprowler View Post
    I have two fellow employees, both who get Medicaid benefits. One just purchased a 2014 vehicle, only to crash it not 30 minutes after buying it. The other's husband came through yesterday - driving a nice new mini-cooper. I drive a 2004 vehicle. Go figure. Why better yourselves when you can just get a check that allows you to buy nice things? It's a no brainier really. All of us who go to work day after day are the morons.....
    --
    i have seen such things also, don't know how some manage to do these things but it is by no means the norm... Most people who qualify for gov assistance struggle from what I have seen... There are those who are losers and game the system, I could care less if they take benefits away from these losers, that is not what this thread was about... If you work a full time job you should not have to feed your kids with food stamps...
    Likes waterdog101 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    --
    i have seen such things also, don't know how some manage to do these things but it is by no means the norm... Most people who qualify for gov assistance struggle from what I have seen... There are those who are losers and game the system, I could care less if they take benefits away from these losers, that is not what this thread was about... If you work a full time job you should not have to feed your kids with food stamps...
    I don't know any way to find out, but I would like to know how many million people work two jobs and have to get food stamps to help feed their children.

Post Thanks / Like

jobs

Good jobs don't go begging.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    Good jobs don't go begging.
    And beggars don't want jobs.
    Likes mhall, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    I don't know any way to find out, but I would like to know how many million people work two jobs and have to get food stamps to help feed their children.
    --
    The right wing , posting on boards like this one, for the most part have no clue and could care less... Reagan started this crap and it continually gets worst and the right wing is oblivious to the damage his "trickle down" nonsense has done to this country.... He turned loose the monster that allowed the top to rape the rest of the country, Bill Clinton helped the situation a small amount but by no means fixed it...

Post Thanks / Like
    --
    Fair enough, but from my vantage point it seems to be the norm more than the exception. Seems to me like better choices that would have led to better outcomes is not the path that gets chosen. I'm sure there are lots that have fallen on "hard times", but I also think the definition of "the American dream" needs to be re-evaluated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by psprowler View Post
    Fair enough, but from my vantage point it seems to be the norm more than the exception. Seems to me like better choices that would have led to better outcomes is not the path that gets chosen. I'm sure there are lots that have fallen on "hard times", but I also think the definition of "the American dream" needs to be re-evaluated.
    --
    Seems to me like better choices that would have led to better outcomes

I picked this from the middle to make a point, it seems there are better choices for a lot of people looking for jobs so fewer are compelled to take lower paying jobs and as a result those jobs aren't being filled... Hopefully this will prevail and employers will have to increase these pay scales to fill these jobs so fewer gov handouts will be needed... Better pay should have similar results as cheaper fuel cost and it seems most don't believe lower fuel cost is bad for the economy...

Post Thanks / Like
    --
    Seems to me like better choices that would have led to better outcomes

I picked this from the middle to make a point, it seems there are better choices for a lot of people looking for jobs so fewer are compelled to take lower paying jobs and as a result those jobs aren't being filled... Hopefully this will prevail and employers will have to increase these pay scales to fill these jobs so fewer gov handouts will be needed... Better pay should have similar results as cheaper fuel cost and it seems most don't believe lower fuel cost is bad for the economy...
    What I meant by better choices is not dropping out of high school or chasing the party life during the early adulthood years instead of securing a job and a future. Deciding that a job is more important than doing drugs, deciding not to have unprotected sex....repeatedly.....knowing you don't have the financial means to deal with the consequences.
    There ARE indeed better choices than lower paying jobs for those that chose to arm themselves with the necessary skills. For those that chose not to do the legwork, then the lower paying jobs that require no special skill set is what's left. Employers of these positions shouldn't have to artificially "inflate" the wages to offset the lack of skill just so everybody is equal, when they in fact are not. Increase the minimum wage to 20.00 an hour, then the cost of goods will be passed on to the consumer, and people will still be in the same situation unable to afford "necessities" - they'll just be making 20.00 an hour instead of 7.25 or whatever it is. The poverty level for government benefits will rise accordingly and the same number will require assistance. The dollar menu at McDonald's will become the five dollar menu at McDonald's.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post