Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: sows

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    As my 5 year old daughter would say group hug here!!
    LOL... It sounds to me like cabin fever is fully set in and someone needs to get out and catch some fish...

kc

Post Thanks / Like

Ohio River smallie

Ohio River smallie , Don cauight this fish but let me hold it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	warmwater smallie.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	9982  
    Likes mhall liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    I hate when guys call each other out like this on here. You have been a long time poster here and NO BS as far as I can ever remember. I quit posting fishing trips on here several years ago when I told of a story about catching a ton of fish in the jumps on Dale first week in June. I was told, Ha Ha, yea thats a good one everybody knows they don't come up in jumps like that in June on Dale ect ect. Had another guy pile on right after saying the same junk.

Well I can tell you this the fish must have been on crack that day ot maybe I imagined the whole thing in a dream. Or maybe I was magically rewarded that day because God seen fit for me to be in the right place at the right time. Regardless.....it HAPPENED.

Call me a baby but I haven't posted a fishing report on here since. I will give general info and try to be helpful and give pm's but the general reports are over for me.
    Wasn't trying to call the guy out. I don't know him and cetainly did not mean to sound like I was trying to impugn his statement. I obviously don't know my trees and yes we did have some warm days. However, I was thinking that sauger are not a cold water only species ( they stocked them in salt river and it gets very warm in the summer) so I thought he may have been somewhere south. I simply couldn't get my head wrapped around shortsleeves and green tress and COLD water. LOL I knew when I asked the question that some folks would think I was " calling him out" but I assure all that I wasn't. Next time I will word any questions differently. Bill
    Likes mhall, jfw, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You can still catch sauger in the summer. My buddy and I caught our limits for almost 2 weeks straight in June at the fossil beds on crankbaits. They were up there stuffing their mouths with shad. All of them look like they had baseballs in their stomachs.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    I do get a scosh too excited sometimes I guess. I'm getting old now and calming way down, heck its hard to get me excited now even if you lit in M-80 in my rear.

Getting old is highly over rated.....
    I can attest to that(getting old being highly overrated)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Perk0915 View Post
    Wasn't trying to call the guy out. I don't know him and cetainly did not mean to sound like I was trying to impugn his statement. I obviously don't know my trees and yes we did have some warm days. However, I was thinking that sauger are not a cold water only species ( they stocked them in salt river and it gets very warm in the summer) so I thought he may have been somewhere south. I simply couldn't get my head wrapped around shortsleeves and green tress and COLD water. LOL I knew when I asked the question that some folks would think I was " calling him out" but I assure all that I wasn't. Next time I will word any questions differently. Bill

It's all good Perk ...is that short for Percocet HA HA ....Hey I gave you some tips on your other post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fishinfreak View Post
    You can still catch sauger in the summer. My buddy and I caught our limits for almost 2 weeks straight in June at the fossil beds on crankbaits. They were up there stuffing their mouths with shad. All of them look like they had baseballs in their stomachs.
    Wow !! thats unusual.....I have always wondered where they go in the summer ....Me and Don have caught 1 here or there while striper fishing in August ....on a stick bait but they are normally a cold water species ....But they have to go some where in the summer and they have to eat ...right?

Now we used to catch walleye in June and July at Nolin trolling , and sauger are basically the same fish

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfw View Post
    Wow !! thats unusual.....I have always wondered where they go in the summer ....Me and Don have caught 1 here or there while striper fishing in August ....on a stick bait but they are normally a cold water species ....But they have to go some where in the summer and they have to eat ...right?

Now we used to catch walleye in June and July at Nolin trolling , and sauger are basically the same fish
    When my buddy called me and said he was on them I thought he was lying so I had to see for myself and he was telling the truth! Not they weren't biting like they do November-March but we still limited out within 3 hours of day light and averaged between a 13-17 inch fish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kc View Post
    LOL... It sounds to me like cabin fever is fully set in and someone needs to get out and catch some fish...

kc
    Cabin fever, not this old boy I fish all winter. That when the big girls like to play!
    Likes fishin350 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    Cabin fever, not this old boy I fish all winter. That when the big girls like to play!
    You got that right Wormin !!! I like your attitude HA HA

WE should all meet up one weekend and go slay them and then come back to my house for a fresh fish fry...Like I said I live right off Harrison Ave ! Who;s in ....I got get my lower unit put back toghether and we are on . Don has been taking me my last few outings . But I will be good to go this week I hope I got a Hydrasports ...we can get Tyme and Chuck and Mike Hall and have a blast .I got a big fryer with the basket . And the liquor store is around the corner for the brewski's . It should be fun
    Likes Tyme2fish liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay I sent you another pm