Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Honest decision help

Hello
    Need boat help. Have 06 rangerz19 and looking at new nitro z8. Should keep z19 and add $ to her. Like add power jack plate, power pole and new trolling motor or trade in for z8 because of age etc. or get a new boat. loved our boat but ride is rough and wet more so than dreamed. Opinions and not sales talk needed. No just lovers of nitro or ranger. But experience with ride etc of both is appreciated!
    thanks all!
    swimjigboy

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like glitter-boats at all, so my advice won't be biased toward either brand.

Will the add-ons you plan doing to the old boat make it as good or better than the new boat?

Will the add-ons be equal in value to the extra cash you would need to get the new boat?

Can you afford either option?

I have never understood needing the newest of something, if the one you have works just fine. But everyone is different, and I'm sure you have your reasons for wanting a new boat. I mean, who doesn't love a new boat, right?

If it were me, I would keep my current boat if it was in good working order, and spend the extra money on goodies that I wanted, to make the boat fit my needs.

Right now, my 17ft Lowe is in desperate need of a new front fish finder. But that being said, I'm not going to go out and buy a NEW Lowe boat, because it comes with a new fish finder mounted to the front.
    Likes swimjigboy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

We have been have a few motor issues and lot of electrical things lately. Getting age on boat/motor is a little worrying to me. Example last spring on lake barkley put in Devils elbow and had to be towed in from linton area. Main gps/ depth finder went completely out this past yr. plus more

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by swimjigboy View Post
    We have been have a few motor issues and lot of electrical things lately. Getting age on boat/motor is a little worrying to me. Example last spring on lake barkley put in Devils elbow and had to be towed in from linton area. Main gps/ depth finder went completely out this past yr. plus more
    It happens to every boat sooner or later. Mine is a 1993 Lowe, and the oil pump went out on me while I was floating down the Cumberland being pushed along by 3 generators. We had to be towed back, but you can bet we got it fixed and running again, and went back there as soon as we could. You just got to leave the worries behind and fish.