Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Where are the sauger?

ok, I admit that I am not the greatest sauger fisherman however, where are the fish? Is it just me ? I have been trying for the last month at Taylorsville spillway and the ohio and the green river spillway and several points along salt river which I understand the KDFW have stocked sauger and only have two fish so far. Haven't talked to anyone doing anygood. Shouldn't the sauger be going pretty strong now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Perk0915 View Post
    ok, I admit that I am not the greatest sauger fisherman however, where are the fish? Is it just me ? I have been trying for the last month at Taylorsville spillway and the ohio and the green river spillway and several points along salt river which I understand the KDFW have stocked sauger and only have two fish so far. Haven't talked to anyone doing anygood. Shouldn't the sauger be going pretty strong now?
    Look either down there vvvv or up there ^^^^

Post Thanks / Like
    Get some blade baits ..and vertical jig them in deep holes , they are spawning now , and when they are done they eat the ass off, just like wallies

Behind the hydro is good but be careful if you are not experienced over there

Then right below the Falls museum is good too ... use you graph and find the deeper hole out there , there will be a back eddie there too and on the edge of it is good...sometimes you can catch them off the bank there ... Also if you use jigs when the water is this cold , minnows are a must
    Likes Tyme2fish, TroyRalph502 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    still catching them in the creeks on the river.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfw View Post
    Get some blade baits ..and vertical jig them in deep holes , they are spawning now , and when they are done they eat the ass off, just like wallies

Behind the hydro is good but be careful if you are not experienced over there

Then right below the Falls museum is good too ... use you graph and find the deeper hole out there , there will be a back eddie there too and on the edge of it is good...sometimes you can catch them off the bank there ... Also if you use jigs when the water is this cold , minnows are a must
    Thanks for the help. The way it is going I need all the help I cna get. Thanks again