Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wolf Creek Newbie Help Needed and Quick (please)

I'm was planning on heading to C-land tomorrow to get the boat out and do some fishing on the lake. My middle son (10 yo) now wants to go and I think he would love drifting below the dam and fishing for whatever would take the shiners or other methods as well. I know it is short notice but could someone let me know first off, is it navigationally safe for my 21ft bass boat. If so, where would I put in and how far below the dam would I safely be able to go. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I've fished below many of the TN river system dams but never wolf creek so I would be completely new at this. I know there is already some info out there recently. If I'm assured that I could do this safely, then this is what I'll do. If it isn't recommended for some reason, I can still fish the lake. Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

schedule

I see the following as far as the gen schedule goes.
    4-9am 2 or more
    9-11 am 1
    After that, none.

Dose this mean I would have to be off the river by 10 or so?

Post Thanks / Like
    It would not be safe for your boat because the water will be off and you could wade across in some places. It will be very shallow for a bass boat, you would need a jet drive or move very slow in an aluminum boat. You could probably put in at Burkesville and fish there but at the dam it would be mostly wade fishing.
    Likes mhall, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The lake it is :)

I really need to get a guide down there for a trip. Would love to striper fish the river sometime. So for future reference when if ever is it safe to take a big bass boat down there? What would I look for on the schedule?

Also, is the bass pro store there on the right before you get into Jamestown selling shiners/minnows right now?

Thanks.

I'll report back although I'm not highly confident that there will be much to report.

Post Thanks / Like
    As was said earlier, when they shut the gens down, you can wade across the river; not a good place for the bass boat. But, if you watch the gen forecast and so on, then, yes you can launch/fish/retrive the bass boat. Just be mindful of the rocks and trees under water!
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I fish the river a lot and would never put a nice glass bass boat in there. I have a 21 foot ranger and use my 16 foot grizzly aluminum when I fish the river. lots of shoals, logs and rocks, you will damage a big glass bass boat.