Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking about buying a bay boat?

I'm considering buying the Mako 21lts bay boat for freshwater fishing. Does anybody on here have a bay boat? I have always had a bass boat, but after fishing out of this center console bay boat it was so nice and comfortable. This boat can go anywhere a fiberglass bass boat can, up to 1ft shallow with a lot of room. The center console I found very comfortable riding and from a clear visual while driving. I have heard that the console catches a lot wind, and to get the biggest trolling motor you can get. What are your guys thought's?

Post Thanks / Like
    I love my CS218DLV, I can fish for just about anything out of it and there's plenty of room to move around. Heck, I can even pop the canopy if I want to get out of the sun and relax for a while, what's not to like?

Post Thanks / Like
    Bay boats are great. The Mako is a bass boat on steriods and yes it will do every thing a bass boat will do. I dont think its sides are as high as some bay boats which makes it more bass boat like. I have Ranger Bahia 220 and love it, but its not a bass boat, but technically it does everything a bass boat does. Its a great ride, and on calm days fishes the same. I am lucky to have both the bay boat and a bass boat. I use the bay boat with the kids in the summer. Great for trolling and open water fishing. But for spring time close up bass fishing, I still prefer the bass boat.