Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Student in Bowling Green need fishing spots!!

Hello all,

I am currently a student at WKU and finally have my car and rods with me this semester. I really need some places to fish, its been too long! I am restricted to the banks. Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Barren River at Weldon Peete park, Jennings creek, Shanty Hollow lake, Green below lock five, greencastle, three springs, drakes at phil moore park, plus the spillway at barren river lake and any number of flat bridges in both allen and simpson counties.

You used to be able to rent canoes and kayaks from preston center. Look into that as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smashdn View Post
    Barren River at Weldon Peete park, Jennings creek, Shanty Hollow lake, Green below lock five, greencastle, three springs, drakes at phil moore park, plus the spillway at barren river lake and any number of flat bridges in both allen and simpson counties.

You used to be able to rent canoes and kayaks from preston center. Look into that as well.

All good suggestions. I would also suggest Peabody management area (numerous lakes there) and Nolin River. You can also do what I did as a WKU student with no boat...start getting to know people and get permissions to fish private waters. There for awhile, I had access to numerous private waters in the Morgantown area where I would KILL them! If you are polite to people and just knock on their door, asking them if it's ok and that you will catch & release if they want you to...or even keep some for the owners if they want you to, people will surprise you. And ALWAYS make sure you leave no trace of you being there...leaving garbage behind will surely stop your access. Good luck! Go Hilltoppers!

-Rich