Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Weedless Hook Guards

My cousin has been working on some weedless hook guards, please check out his video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Higcr7Ey72I

for more info email at T3RISING@GMAIL.COM
    Likes TroyRalph502 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Very good idea, just wondering how much it would decrease your hookup ratio...
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, I see that my cousin Scott has graciously mentioned my product in this forum. A few weeks ago I placed an ad in the 'classifieds for businesses' section of the forum, but had it removed due to patent negotiations.

A little info about the product...It has been thoroughly tested for durability, and weedless/brushless functionality. Performs well, as expected from its design. The double wire guard, which leaves the hook point itself unobstructed, is the key. With all the other testing, website design, filming, patent work, other time constraints, and the fact that it's the dead of winter, I've only gotten the chance to actually fish it once. The results were very promising. As seen in the "Winter Pursuit" video, the strike to hookset ratio is exactly 3:2. The first strike, at the Hubble Park lake in Lincoln County led to a nasty backlash due to issues with my Lew's reel. However, the next two strikes, at a pond in Garrard County ended in success...Fish landed, and I was pleased. And the coverstrike held up nicely after the catches...no issues with twisting, and bending during the fight (as you can see in the supplemental video).

I'd like to thank my cousin for mentioning the product in here, and say that it certainly wasn't planned. He's a fishing nut, truly got excited about the product, and was looking out for family...I guess I've gotta send him a few boxes
    Likes TroyRalph502, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the idea. I look forward to being able to purchase these in the near future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much, they'll definitely be available...and hopefully they'll prove successful on your outings

Keep an eye out in the future for more products...been inventing and tinkering since the mid eighties when I was a teen. Actually "invented" an adjustable-lip crankbait when I was 14. Prototyped and tested, worked pretty good, and dove to depths in the 1 foot to 15 foot range. Too young to get patents back then...now there's similar productd on the market. Missed the boat on that one.

The t3rising facebook page is up, and I'll be adding tips, tricks, and some videos soon.

Cheers, and thanks again

Post Thanks / Like
    Sick go-pro footage of the CoverStrike...extracting early-spring bass from super-tight cover...

Likes Drew1233 liked this post