Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hull color

Post Thanks / Like

Hull color

Did anyone buy there boat with the thought of the hull color. Do you think it maters what color the hull is?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think it matters to the fish, look at some of the wraps that are on the elite series boats and we all know those guys catch fish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Black shows scratches/dirt a lot worse and will tend to draw more heat during the summer

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer camo, but then again I also duck hunt

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetwater View Post
    I don't think it matters to the fish, look at some of the wraps that are on the elite series boats and we all know those guys catch fish.
    I think most wraps stop at the water line.I Just noticed most of the guys that fish during tournament fishing out of white hulled boats. (PROS) I would think on a clear lake like Cumberland were you can see 20plus feet in the summer that a fish looking up would be more spooked from say a black hull over a white one. Maybe not.
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I read this and it makes sense to me

Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    I think most wraps stop at the water line.I Just noticed most of the guys that fish during tournament fishing out of white hulled boats. (PROS) I would think on a clear lake like Cumberland were you can see 20plus feet in the summer that a fish looking up would be more spooked from say a black hull over a white one. Maybe not.
    The fish already know we are already there just by the displacement of the water that your boat puts out way before they can even see the hull. It is a known fact that through their lateral line, fish can feel from very long distances. They know you're there before they see the hull, even just sitting anchored. Even at that, fish get so predatory they still will eat or want to kill your bait. I submit that you can have different hull colors because of the many different conditions we fish in. For example above us there are clear blue skies, white cloudy skies, gray skies, dark cloudy skies and a mix of all of above. There would be a hull color that would excel in each of its own different conditions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Double post, sorry.
    Last edited by sweetwater; 02-22-2015 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Dbl post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm gonna paint a whole bunch of minnows on the bottom of my boat
    Likes Wormin, CaptObvious, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If they will eat a bait pulled along by an erector set (Alabama Rig) why are you worried about hull color or for that matter many of the other myths instigated by the industry to get you to spend more money?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think color matters but I have noticed that Bass are more attracted to my boat hull prior to a cold front and do not like my boat hull right after the front goes through. Go figure.
    Likes Dave Stewart, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stewart View Post
    If they will eat a bait pulled along by an erector set (Alabama Rig) why are you worried about hull color or for that matter many of the other myths instigated by the industry to get you to spend more money?
    Erector set, that's funny, I love it. We selected our boat color because it matches the truck. It has dual windshields and with the fishing seats stowed away it looks great going down the road and at the ramp. We catch fish in it too. Lol.
    Likes Dave Stewart, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stewart View Post
    Sorry Dave I didn't know I was worried I thought I was only asking a question,Thanks for the insight.