Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanycasts View Post
    If it's flourclear you won't be happy with it. Terrible abrasion resistance and breaks easily. If it's for flipping I spool about 50 yards of sun line shooter fc. I like 25 lb. Tough stuff. Use whatever is on reel for backer. It's probably 20 lb big game, which isn't a bad flipping line if your using a real stiff rod and stout hookset
    It is florouclear. 4 lb test though. Never use anything bigger than 8 lb even for bigger species. I guess seeing as how I have 600 yards I'll definitely give it a go. Hopefully my experience will be better than yours. Definitely noticed that every time I tie on a fluorocarbon it seems like they just fray too easily. Or at least that's been my observation. (I typically use nothing but micros)

Post Thanks / Like
    I use 12 to 15# flouro on all lures except top water which I use 12# mono. The main reason for that is flouro sinks and mono floats.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE="CJ Allex;549526"]

It is florouclear. 4 lb test though. Never use anything bigger than 8 lb even for bigger species. I guess seeing as how I have 600 yards I'll definitely give it a go. Hopefully my experience will be better than yours. Definitely noticed that every time I tie on a fluorocarbon it seems like they just fray too easily. Or at least that's been my observation. (I typically use nothing
    Wetting your knot is crucial with flourocarbon. A palomar knot works well. This might help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanycasts View Post
    Wetting your knot is crucial with flourocarbon. A palomar knot works well. This might help.
    Speaking more so of a few feet above the knot. Never really had much trouble with the knot itself.

Post Thanks / Like

Pre-Stretched Mono

I use mono on everything mainly because I am a recreational fisherman and flouro can break the bank in a hurry if you're not careful. If you pre-stretch mono line right after you spool it you'll find that the performance of mono will improve significantly. If I lose a fish or a bite occasionally I'm fine with it though.