Search Fishin.com

Thread: Okeechobee Help

Post Thanks / Like

Okeechobee Help

Never been to this lake and was wondering if there is a ramp around the south bay area? Also, is there any decent bass fishing in that area without having to run a super long way?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
    Never been to this lake and was wondering if there is a ramp around the south bay area? Also, is there any decent bass fishing in that area without having to run a super long way?
    Just returned from a week on the Kissimmee Chain we fished from 3-1-15 to 3-7-15. We fished in Lake K the most but had reports from other lakes as we were fishing plus the FLW guys were having their tourny out of West Lake Toho.

The patterns we had were Zoom Flukes in Watermelon seed and white tossed around flat pads and in the boat trails through the weeds and watermelon seed worked the best. Most of our fish came from 1-3ft of water.

Another pattern was using a senko style bait with enough weight to pitch it in the isolated pencil reeds. One local angler caught 3 fished in front of one of our boats (we had two boats with us on this trip) that went 7,8 and 10 pounds. My buddy snapped the pics for this angler and the big fish was a pig.

The Pro's around us in Lake K were using senko style baits in isolated "high" pad clumps. Most were using no weight (that we could see) and the weights they were catching we off the charts good. We didn't mess with their pattern since we had our own and I don't really like to "shadow" some pro. In fact our pattern produced a 5.3 right in front of a pro who was fishing those "high" pads. He was maybe 25 feet away fishing his pattren but had to turn around and see the commotion from the top water strike and splashing of a 5 pounder.

Our best pattern that boated a 10.3, 5.6, 5.2 and a 5.3 was using a Hires Lures Buzzwalker in front of a Zoom Hornytoad. We would fish the bait around the flat pads in 1-3ft of water just like the fluke i mentioned earlier and the results speak for themselves. While the fluke caught more fish the buzzwalker boated the best fish.
    If I was headed down I would be ready with flukes, buzzwalker and choice of plastic that I like to flip.
    Good luck!