Post Thanks / Like

Water Conditions at Green and Nolin

Anyone know the conditions at Green and Nolin

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    what elevation does ramp one become unusable

Post Thanks / Like

Nolin

Fished Nolin today, put in at [COLOR=#343434]Moutardier muddy and 45 to start. The heavy mud has made it half way down between Moutardier and the Dam. Briar Creek was muddy to heavily stained. Left Briar and went half way to the dam, heavily stained and 49 at the end of the day. With the current still moving mud down, more rain forecasted and another 10 feet rise forecasted by the weekend the lake is going to be very tough for a while.[/COLOR]
    Likes MASBASS liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 365allout View Post
    Fished Nolin today, put in at [COLOR=#343434]Moutardier muddy and 45 to start. The heavy mud has made it half way down between Moutardier and the Dam. Briar Creek was muddy to heavily stained. Left Briar and went half way to the dam, heavily stained and 49 at the end of the day. With the current still moving mud down, more rain forecasted and another 10 feet rise forecasted by the weekend the lake is going to be very tough for a while.[/COLOR]
    THANKS A LOT FOR THE INFO

We have a scheduled Club tourney on Green Sunday figure the ramp going to be unusable so thought about moving to Nolin but that does not sound good either.

May just try postpone it for two weeks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MASBASS View Post
    what elevation does ramp one become unusable
    I have no ideal, We will see if R19 or one of the local guys will chime in.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    I have no ideal, We will see if R19 or one of the local guys will chime in.

I drove my truck over the Plum Point bridge to look at the water. The river is muddy enough you can track a coon. I came home and got my boat and went to the Butler Creek boat ramp. It was what I call a medium stain. I was going to unload at the ramp but some crack head and his girlfriend were down there yelling and fighting so I got out of there. I looked at ramp 1 on Wednesday as I was driving by the lake. On Wednesday the water was at the point where it is getting difficult to unload. So knowing that, today I decided to go to Lone Valley because it is a good high water ramp. I unloaded there and the water at Lone Valley had decent color. It was what I call stained. I could barely turn around on the Lone Valley ramp. If it comes up much more a person will have to back down which is no problem on that ramp. At the current level Butler,Lone Valley and Emerald Isle will be the easiest place to unload. I suspect ramp 1 will be unusable in a couple more days if the lake continues to rise like it has been.

The temp at Lone Valley is 40* I was only on the water 2-3 hours. From Lone Valley to ramp 1 I saw a lot of 40* water. Every once in a while it would dip down to 39*. Near rock banks and in the cuts and coves I did see 41-43* but only on shallow water or an area that had a lot of direct sun. I had zero bites. I wanted to go fishing but the main thing I wanted to try is my prop after I changed the vent holes. My trip was more of a test and explore than fishing but I did wet a line for a couple of hours.

I ran into two people who I know that were at the ramp pulling out at the same time I was leaving. They started early in the morning whereas I had to sleep because I worked last night. Anyways they had put in more time than me and had zero bites. I ask what water temp they were seeing and they were also reporting low 40's with a little mid 40's but most was low 40* water. I knew it was going to be tough. The choices are stained, medium stained and muddy. All of which are around 40* There is fish-able water if you like it cold and colored. There is a few floaters on the lake but not too bad. Once the COE cranks open the main gates floaters will be much worse.

I actually hope we do get the rain they are forecasting if it comes down like they are predicting on undergroundweather.com It is suppose to rain about 1.5" over a 36 hour period. I can find fish-able color. All I need is a temperature increase. A good SLOW and WARM rain would help. Based on what I saw today and based on what is going on with the Ohio River I say it will be the end of March before the lake level is anything close to "normal" as long as mother nature cooperates.

My original plan was to go Saturday. I ordered vent plugs for my prop and they came in so I decided to go do a little prop testing today. I am dying to go fishing even though I went a few hours today. Based on what I saw today I will wait another week. If it were my club I would cancel in light of a poor turn out due to extra tough water conditions. I know of a tournament that was suppose to happen Saturday but it got canceled. I know of a Sunday tournament that is as far as I know still going to happen...I feel sorry for them but as soon as I say that there will be a lot of fish caught and someone will break open a huge bag. However the odds of that happening are slim to none in my humble opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MASBASS View Post
    THANKS A LOT FOR THE INFO

We have a scheduled Club tourney on Green Sunday figure the ramp going to be unusable so thought about moving to Nolin but that does not sound good either.

May just try postpone it for two weeks

Two tournaments going out of moutardier, sunday, USA and Commonwealth... stay on Green water is muddy and gonna be crowded

Post Thanks / Like
    Green is a mess. Talked to several people who have been out with temps ranging from 41-50 and water from stained to very muddy. If the water comes up anymore at all ramp 1 will be completely unusable and is for the most part right now. The one common thing ive heard from everybody thats been is that not a single one of them have had a bite. Tons of debris and the local club cancelled their tourny for this weekend. I may go out tommorow afternoon and will be going sunday. We have a USA next weekend and it could very well be cancelled also