Search Fishin.com

Thread: Cedar creek

Post Thanks / Like

Cedar creek

Does anyone know what cedar creek is looking like. Water temps. Are they biting. Thinking about going Tuesday to try out my new Elite 7 more than anything but would also like to get a bass or two in the boat. Thanks in advance.
    Tight lines.

Post Thanks / Like
    They weren't biting Thursday. Water was pretty muddy; about 1 ft visibility around dock #2 and a couple inches near the RR tracks. Temps 40-45 where we fished. Chad, the creel survey guy, said nobody was having any luck. Usually the lake doesn't get that dirty but there was a lot of flooding in Lincoln county from that last winter storm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang Maybe it will clear up some by Tuesday. Im dying to try out my new lowrance unit. Maybe after some shed hunting tomorrow my cabin fever will settle and I wont end up making a wasted trip to a muddy lake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter215 View Post
    Dang Maybe it will clear up some by Tuesday. Im dying to try out my new lowrance unit. Maybe after some shed hunting tomorrow my cabin fever will settle and I wont end up making a wasted trip to a muddy lake.
    Pulled boat there today. Parking lot full at dam ramp. Water muddy. Drove back home.

Post Thanks / Like
    I fished it Sunday and there were 300 boats on it and it is muddy too murky all the way to the dam. Water was 48 and 51.5 when I took out. I had something happen that I have never seen while I was fishing, I was fishing the cove next to the second ramp and was fishing the parking lot side when the bottom of the lake started floating up all around me. I watched the temperature go from 51.5 to 42 in less than 2 minutes so I left that area and went to the railroad cove and found it had did the same thing. So I would say fishing will be off there for a while. Had 4 hits boated 2 fish 1-14'' and first keeper of the year 203/4'' at 5.8.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well so much for doing anything on the water tomorrow. And I'm pretty sure my boat couldn't be any more organized. I thought about cave run but it's about 18 feet over summer pool. Maybe I'll just try my luck again at shed hunting. Maybe by the first week of April a man can get on the water and have some lm's knocking the paint off the baits.
    Likes mudslinger liked this post