Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland Lake Water Condition

Went down to the upper end of Wolf Creek this morning, and it is covered with debris and the water is high. It would be hard to motor through it right now. A lot of large logs floating right now. I would say if you fished it you would have to use a trolling motor. Visibility I would say 1 to 2 feet, if that. I don't know how it is down lake, but I would it should be a little better. Just that the creeks will be full of debris for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's disappointing. I wanted to hit the water soon and try for stripers but there's nothing as frustrating as pulling boards when there is debris in the water. All this beautiful weather and nothing to do about it....

Post Thanks / Like
    The lake is at 727.9. I believe that is almost 6 feet higher than it reached last year. That means the lake is the highest it has been since 2006 or whenever it was they first lowered it for repairs. That will mean tons of debris out there right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Stay home for awhile or tear up your equipment the lake is COMPLETELY blowed up right now.....
    Likes mudslinger liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Fished wolf creek Tuesday with no luck.the only decent water was around wolf creek marina.very slowly drove out 2 main lake and it was awful.water muddy ,full of debri.have 2 wait awhile I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to get out Saturday and go fishing somewhere. My home lake GRL is 10ft over summer pool and falling over 1 ft per day. They are knocking the bottom out right now. I had though about going to Cumberland. In the past on the lower end I have used Lilly, Pumpkin and Halcombs Landing boat ramp. If a person was going to bass fish which area has the best looking water. Surely there is some decent water from the Boys Camp to the dam. Where would be a good place to unload and not have to run 25 miles to find fish-able water. I am not interested in spots to fish. I am looking an area that has decent navigable water. I know Cumberland tends to have a ton of floaters in the spring.