Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

White bass Nolin

Whites starting at Nolin yet? Does anyone know how to get the current water temperatures at Nolin? Corp of engineers site last post is from November.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Fished Nolin river today and didn't get a bite. Started from bacon creek and went up to broadford bridge without a nibble. I don't have water temps sorry. I've heard people had been catching them up by broadford but I still think they haven't moved up in there good yet. But who knows those fish are hard to follow
    Likes Doll Fly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks kingfisher, I was thinking of riding down there tomorrow. I may wait till Wednesday now. Was the water muddy? I will post after I go. Will you go often the next few weeks?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey bud we just got back from Nolin , they are pullin it hard ...It was up high last Sunday , now it is below summer pool. me and my buddy Keith fished last Monday and he killed the largemouth's ...He got 9 in like 1.5 hours .

I just got my boat fixed , we had to put the clutch in it ...well it was fixed for like 20 hours ...that's all the time I needed to hit something , a submerged log I guess , well the motor kicked back up and it will not go in gear now and its not the lower unit ,I am thinking it is the the coupling on the crank shaft ...freaking ***** , I have the worst luck

So on Wed. I got me some minnows & fished off the bank ....I got like 25 crappie but only 3 over 9 inches ...The rest were 8.5 inches !!

So my buddy Don was coming down this morning to fish , but last night I got the stomach bug and I will tell you it is noooo fun .

I would think the White's would be up in the River , past 3 fingers .but I havent talked to anyone that was catching them

It has been a rough week

Post Thanks / Like
    Water temps were 52 this morning. I went for largemouth. Check my last post for more info. And yes the lake was muddy. They pulled 2ft out of the lake in the last 24 hrs is what I was told! Hope this helps, and hope the info on my last thread helps to! Thanks, drew

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Where do you find the water temp?

I am taking my dad. 91. He likes Broad Ford bank.

Any other easy access in the area?

i am going scouting tomorrow.

Thankshttp://www.fishin.com/forums2/images/icons/icon10.png

Post Thanks / Like
    Water temps were from 51 to 54 today. Water was a little stained. I heard a bass fisherman say he fished upriver and caught a lot of whites.

Post Thanks / Like
    The rivers color looked good. Pending any rain it should clear up this week. It had the perfect color to it today imo for white bass fishing. Banks at broadford are very slick and muddy. I talked to a guy who was fishing down there who said they knocked the shot out of whites above broadford. I think that's a group of stragglers that pushed up early. Not all the fish spawn at the same time so I expect awesome fishing is right around the corner. I saw no shad in the river so that wasn't a good sign. I'll head back down Thursday afternoon to give it another go. I'll report back with any info I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fished below Bradford bridge. Very tough. Caught 2 whites all day. Everyone I talked too had only 1 or 2. Water temp was 48 in morning. The river was dropping fast. I threw everything I normally catch them on. I still think its early with all this cold weather.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fished Millerstown and Broad Ford today. Everyone had caught 1 fish. Will try again. Can't wait to get into them!!!! Great to be out and Fishin. I guess i'll take a meat thermometer to measure the water temp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Doll Fly View Post
    Fished Millerstown and Broad Ford today. Everyone had caught 1 fish. Will try again. Can't wait to get into them!!!! Great to be out and Fishin. I guess i'll take a meat thermometer to measure the water temp.
    My thermometer read 40 degrees water temp today. Wednesday. Water dropped 1 foot in the 2 hours that I was fishing. Not a hit. A couple of guys had 1 walleye each. ????????

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Doll Fly View Post
    My thermometer read 40 degrees water temp today. Wednesday. Water dropped 1 foot in the 2 hours that I was fishing. Not a hit. A couple of guys had 1 walleye each. ????????
    Water temp was 40 today? I'd check your temp.gauge