Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cedar creek bass fishing update

It was a cold morning but turned out to be a beautiful day on the water.

My buddy caught a 5, 4, 3, and 2 pounder. I caught a 3 pounder. All were caught in 6-8 feet of water on red colored red eye shad.

All were caught before 10am. We were there at daybreak. The early bird gets the worm. No one else we talked to that got there later in the morning had any luck.

Water was still stained, at most 2 feet of visibility. Temps started at 48 and warmed to 54 in the coves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well you guys did better than us. My buddy caught his first keeper and it was a toad. He caught it around 9:30 and that was it. I surprised ppl weren't hooking each other's baits as many ppl were out there. I hope everyone gets cabin fever out of there system soon or I will be finding a new lake. The wind was horrible about 1:30 I decided to call it quits.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter215 View Post
    Well you guys did better than us. My buddy caught his first keeper and it was a toad. He caught it around 9:30 and that was it. I surprised ppl weren't hooking each other's baits as many ppl were out there. I hope everyone gets cabin fever out of there system soon or I will be finding a new lake. The wind was horrible about 1:30 I decided to call it quits.
    I forgot to mention the number of boats and the wind. Both were really bad!

Post Thanks / Like
    Before I got there today I planned on going next week, but after today I just don't know if I want to fish bow to stern with boats again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am planning on going Friday in the storms, that usually helps with the crowds.

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as there is no thunder or lighting Im all about fishing in the rain. Put on some rain gear and enjoy. Let us know how you do Friday. I know its giving a slight chance Monday so it may be some good fishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let us know how it goes Friday. My father and I are planning a trip there for Saturday morning, his first time at Cedar (after this little front moves through unfortunately). Is it just the ramp at the dam that's open or is the one about half way down the lake good to go too? We were worried about flooding water levels/clarity because our home lake, Cave Run, is supposedly only accessible by one ramp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ProCraft13 View Post
    Let us know how it goes Friday. My father and I are planning a trip there for Saturday morning, his first time at Cedar (after this little front moves through unfortunately). Is it just the ramp at the dam that's open or is the one about half way down the lake good to go too? We were worried about flooding water levels/clarity because our home lake, Cave Run, is supposedly only accessible by one ramp.
    All 3 ramps were open.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to hijack the thread but I drove out to cave run Monday and Scott's creek ramp and the ramp next to twin knobs are open just for the information. You won't be able to tie off at the dock because the is about 40 feet between the dock and shore. I guess I consider cave run my home lake since I'm only 15 minutes from it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry guys did not go, by the time the lighting had quit we had over 31/2 inches of rain so all the run ins would have looked like rivers and muddy. Will wait till Sunday and try then.

Post Thanks / Like
    The girl wanted to go for a ride, so we rode over to have a look, the lake is 1 foot from covering the spillway pipe, that's the highest I have ever seen it, water was murky at the dam but I'm sure it will be muddy by tomorrow.