Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Heading to Barkley Eddy Creek Apr, 10. Need fish report

Hi All

I'm ready to go to Barkley staying at Eddy Creek from April 10th. to the 14th. The trip is mainly for crappie but I'm a hugh bass fisherman also, so changing rods isn't a big deal. You all have given me great info in the past and I'm just looking to see how fishing is at this time, what your using, where, so on and so on. I am so ready for this trip. Life has been brutal lately and I can't wait to get away with my favorite pastime. Boat's running good, everything working for now.. Can't wait. Please let me know any information you can to help me on my trip. After I come back, i will let you know how we do.

Thanks

Casey

Post Thanks / Like
    My latest report is up on this site covering the past week....that being said, we are getting a lot of rain today and rain is in the forecast for most days next week...Eddy Creek was stained to heavily stained yesterday and with this rain I would expect you will be seeing some heavily stained if not muddy water in Eddy Creek next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing Was Good There Tuesday/Wednesday of This Week

Fished primarily Eddy Creek this past Tuesday and Wednesday for bass (both beautiful sunny days). Lake seemed to be 4-5 ft below pool to me. Lots of overly shallow areas - but as Dave Stewart pointed out in his response, with all of this rain, it should be rising again depending on dam activity.

Anyway, we did very well following some of the advice from Dave's report of 3/26 - main lake points and secondary points and banks. I couldn't hook up anything with jerkbaits, and my fishing partner tried a Carolina rig for a long while with a couple of bites, but no hookups. The winning combo proved to be the shad rap, as Dave's report noted. Once we started getting good bites that way, I never changed to anything else.

Every fish we caught was in shallow water: 4 feet and below - mostly below. And most of those fish came later in the morning, into the afternoon after the water warmed up (was still pretty chilly in the mornings).

Good luck - hope conditions are good for your time there.
    Last edited by BEW; 04-03-2015 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Added species of fish targeted
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by casedog View Post
    Hi All

I'm ready to go to Barkley staying at Eddy Creek from April 10th. to the 14th. The trip is mainly for crappie but I'm a hugh bass fisherman also, so changing rods isn't a big deal. You all have given me great info in the past and I'm just looking to see how fishing is at this time, what your using, where, so on and so on. I am so ready for this trip. Life has been brutal lately and I can't wait to get away with my favorite pastime. Boat's running good, everything working for now.. Can't wait. Please let me know any information you can to help me on my trip. After I come back, i will let you know how we do.

Thanks

Casey
    I will be there that weekend too............I bet Barkley will be pretty dirty with a bunch of floaters.

I'm not too sure about the Crappie fishin, but I SURE hope the bass fishin is on. I'm hoping we get 3 or 4 ft of water. Last time it setup like this in april with a bunch of water, we had a ball .............

Might be nice, might not ........It sure beats working .

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be at Barkley the same tyme as y'all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Hells Bells Tyme......Maybe we need to plan on dinner somewhere?
    Likes Tyme2fish liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

2 Cents

My favorite this time of the year (honey hole) is in the Canel Area. Work the points and gravel banks of West shore near the channel areas (lots of lay downs) Then though the canel to the Kentucky side and work the East shore, wind permitting. Pictures required for bragging rights!!!

When all else fails: Fish follow bait, bait are blown by the wind, wind normally out of the SouthWest...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyLie View Post
    My favorite this time of the year (honey hole) is in the Canel Area. Work the points and gravel banks of West shore near the channel areas (lots of lay downs) Then though the canel to the Kentucky side and work the East shore, wind permitting. Pictures required for bragging rights!!!

When all else fails: Fish follow bait, bait are blown by the wind, wind normally out of the SouthWest...
    Should have said; work the banks and points down to Carmack Dummers Bay, after that channel swings to the East side of the lake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyLie View Post

Should have said; work the banks and points down to Carmack Bay, after that channel swings to the East side of the lake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Well Hells Bells Tyme......Maybe we need to plan on dinner somewhere?
    I'm still in the Neanderthal age and we only have one cell phone in the household which I'll leave with Mrs.Tyme at the homestead so communication would be difficult. Also, we're driving with Knute's (The Heathen) new tow vehicle so I won't have transportation.

I'm pretty sure we're lodging at Holiday Hills and we seldom get out of Eddy Bay so look for my blue Stratos with it's white 115 Johnson outboard.

I don't take much stock with extended-extended forecasts but it looks like we'll be having a lot of rain that week.

We'll be strictly crappie fishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oops, we won't be there that weekend. We are going to be there from the 13th thru around the 16th or so.

Post Thanks / Like

leaving for Barkley/kentucky lake today. Any fishing reports

Me and my buddies are heading to Eddy creek today. Anyone know how fishing is right now? Hope to be down there by 4pm starting the search for some large crappie and then maybe try our hand at some smallies..

Let me know what you think.

Also
    Thanks for all the wonderful information that you guys have given me. When I get back Tuesday, i'll put a full report on how we do and what we used.
    Thanks Again
    Casedog

Any last minute information would be great