Search Fishin.com

Technonorb Guest

Hey Dave Stewert...

Do think Shellcrackers will be bedding the 1st week of May?? Thanks TR

Post Thanks / Like
    Of course it all depends on water temperatures for the most part but my best guess is that with the full moon the first week of May and present water temperatures I would say you have a good shot at that being the right time. They have been a little late the past couple of years with the lower water temps we had and nasty cold fronts.....our water temps were running behind until we hit the early heat wave this past week and they seem to be back on track...never can tell about how many or how nasty cold fronts can be this time of year and but again I would say your chances are pretty good that they will be doing their thing the first week of May this year.
    Likes Tim_T, GeoFisher liked this post

Technonorb Guest
    Thanks for the help Dave as always... now just need to find a cabin on late notice. lol
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Water Levels

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stewart View Post
    Of course it all depends on water temperatures for the most part but my best guess is that with the full moon the first week of May and present water temperatures I would say you have a good shot at that being the right time. They have been a little late the past couple of years with the lower water temps we had and nasty cold fronts.....our water temps were running behind until we hit the early heat wave this past week and they seem to be back on track...never can tell about how many or how nasty cold fronts can be this time of year and but again I would say your chances are pretty good that they will be doing their thing the first week of May this year.
    Dave,
    First weekend in May, My Brother and I will be taking our wives for their first Redear/Bluegill trip to Kentucky/Barkley. How is the water level and clarity?

Post Thanks / Like
    The lakes are almost one foot over summer pool this morning. Kentucky Lake ranges from clear to slightly stained. Barkley ranges from stained to heavily stained with some muddy water in the backs of some creeks. No way for anyone to tell what the water conditions will be 2 weeks from now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stewart View Post
    The lakes are almost one foot over summer pool this morning. Kentucky Lake ranges from clear to slightly stained. Barkley ranges from stained to heavily stained with some muddy water in the backs of some creeks. No way for anyone to tell what the water conditions will be 2 weeks from now.
    Man, all this rain has done a number on things. I'm headed down the next 4 weekends. Hopefully I have 1 or 2 banner trips .

Talk to you soon my friend .

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a couple hogs from Barkley. Caught these last Thursday in four foot of water on red worms. Talk about a fight on ultra lights, it's a blast!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	10677  
    Likes Dave Stewart, GeoFisher, charley2 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redearhoosier View Post
    Here's a couple hogs from Barkley. Caught these last Thursday in four foot of water on red worms. Talk about a fight on ultra lights, it's a blast!
    Please post a location for the fish fry........I"m sure there will only be a "few" of us that show up.