Search Fishin.com

Thread: Fishing Line

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing Line

So lately I have been wondering about fishing lines. Which type to use, which brand to use, etc. Any tips or suggestions?

ps: I have used Power Pro Braid, Trilene Xl smooth casting, Seaguar invisx, all of them are amazing!

Post Thanks / Like
    for mono I use suffix, but have gone almost strictly to segar red label for most applications. It handles well, isn't as costly as others, has good abrasion resistance and I rarely break it. I also use braid on some of my spinning rods with a 15lb segar leader. This is awesome for sinkos and tubes and little baits. I plan on outting it to the test on big smallies at St clair next week.
    I have used a lot of other floros and braids and monos but imho I think suffix is the best mono, segar for floro and I like the suffix or trilene braid.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried a lot of line brands over the years and my favorite is Stren original for mono and Stren super braid for the braid line. They no longer make the super braid but it is the best casting and strongest braid I have used for trophy blue cats and stripers. I got on Ebay and bought all the 65lb super braid I could find a couple years ago. Don't know what I will use when I use up all that I have. Any suggestions?????

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally like Tuf-Line braid. And other lines I like are seaguar red label and p-line cxx

Post Thanks / Like

Talking thanks

hey guys thanks for the answers. sorry kyriverblues I don't catfish a lot but I do love me some power pro

Post Thanks / Like

line

Mono I only use Maxima Ultra green, have used it the past 30 yrs.. Has a long life on the reel.I'll fish 2 yrs. or longer between changes. 4lb or 5lb test for trout/crappie, 6lb-8lb drop shot. 10lb/12lb most bass fishing with conventional tackle.12lb-15lb for stripers. Fishing heavy matts I'll use power pro braid 50lb
    I can't remember the last time I was broke off due to line failure.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

sounds like most name brand lines work pretty well for us. Just depends on what you like. I have learned over the years that most line failure is due to operator error. It is very important to tie good knots and to inspect your line often for scrapes.