Search Fishin.com

Thread: peabody wma

Post Thanks / Like

peabody wma

Anyone know some water temps in the area? Would love to fill my freezer with some gills.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ron1 View Post
    Anyone know some water temps in the area? Would love to fill my freezer with some gills.
    Water temps were 63 degrees in all the lakes we were at this past weekend. They were hitting decently before and after the storm that rolled through Saturday night. However bass were hitting snything that was thrown at them. Went through most of the 2 tubes of crickets we had on bass. That was not the intention however. Some Kalins 2" triple threats will land you a litle of everything. Caught some decent ones but I am now under the impression that at least the Eastern units are getting fished out. Been going there for 8 years and this was by far the worst we have ever done. Because of the Meth heads looking for a place to cook and the fisherman who go and keep EVERYTHING they catch I am getting turned off by this place in a big way. Maybe once the temps near 70 it will pickup but I have my doubts. We used to go and catch monsters but those have become few and far between over the years. You must go where no one dares to go. That is either very hard boat launch areas, canoe or not, and walk in areas. Just make sure you wear some hip waders and a small pair of loppers might help as well. Good luck if you go. You're gonna need it. If you find s place to camp, just make sure you scope out the area really well. Every site I've camped out the last few years there have been mobile cook sites. Just make sure you build your fire away from that mess. Too many miscreants around for my tastes. And you'll notice them right off ther bat driving through the maze of roads there. They just look out of place. And when you take off to fish, don't leave any valuables behind at camp. Had some friends who had to pull a weapon on some folks last year who rolled up on them at 4 am nd wouldn't leave and became a little testy with them. Just some things to look out for if you haven't been there yet or in a while. It's definitely changed for the worse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply. Been going there since '94. I haven't noticed the meth labs, but have had many instances where people roll up at 2-3 o'clock in the morning. Don't like that at all. Never fish for or even keep bass. Strictly a bluegill/readear/catfish man. Hoping a few warm days will get the bluegilla on the nest.