Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Barkley tomorrow!!!!!!!

Wooohoooo.. 5 days of nothing but fishing!!! Leaving after daughters ballgame tomorrow night. Hope to post a nice report when I can. Great weather and stable water appear to be had! Hopefully results will be had too. Lol
    Likes Tyme2fish, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

good luck

It was beyond tough the last 7 days. We started the week at 361+ and watch the plugged pulled. The cold push the fish deed and seemed to be suspended everywhere over 12' or so. Only few up shallow were big fish. I so catching big fish but all day for 4 or 5 bites was not what i came down to vacation for. Big spinnerbait was the key. All big fish came that way. Shakey heads and c-rigs caught dinks in about 7-8' on leadin'. 7 fish in the 5-6 lb class and very very few others. My father really struggle. The leadin fish are so white and cold. Was really weird this week no fishing pressure and no fish. Though week on barkley Linton to crab ck. Clean water was better bite.

Post Thanks / Like

gills and redear on barkley

Has the bite on these improved this week on Barkley or Ky last week was little action

Post Thanks / Like
    Day 1 was may 2nd, a Saturday. Me and buddy got ther early and slept on ramp an hour or so and then put in at eddy creek. We had our best day this day. It wasn't anything to write home about, but we caught around 30 bass and every keeper "8" but 2 on buzz bait. Crushing them! We had a 3.9, 3.7, 3.5, 3.0 best 4 of them. Fun day. Sunday was a bit tougher. We still caught same numbers, but 5 keepers with a 3.5 being biggest. And the rest in the 2lb class. Weird, but these came mostly on lizards.Monday, we went to 3 different bays unknown and we never caught a fish. We went back to the two spots we were and promptly starting catching fish, but only 3 small keepers. We started back at our spots after the two hour nap around noon. Tuesday was a fun morning. We fished a tourney against my brother and his buddy. Dad didn't enter bc he had been struggling..lol.. We had 5 keepers by 6:45, but all 5 were between 2 and 2.7lbs. They too were all on a buzz. They were in flowers!! I don't care the size if I can catch fish on a buzz in the flowers. That might be weird, but that's me! I love them bass in them flowers. I caught one later that day 3.15 on a buzz. We were texting pics back and forth with the bass on scales and that fished stayed at 4.1 until the pic, but then the pic showed 3.15. Turns out, my brother and buddies best 5 were 3 oz. Better then our best 5. If that fish was 4.1, they would have got us by an ounce..lol.. We had a great time with my brother and father. Nothing like fishing trips with family! We camped at canal campground. Almost 90 percent of our fish came in creeks so skinny you could not get your boat back in winter pool. We like to fish shallow and we went as far back in these two creeks til it was so shallow we had to turn around and we were still catching bass when we turned around. It was the weirdest fishing at Barkley ever. We could not catch a fish in a bush or any"normal" place. Everyone we spoke with struggled big time. We caught em, but no hogs. Still had lots of fun.my dad started catching them on main lake road beds the last couple days to salvage his trip. He picked up twin 4lbr. On one road bed in bout ten minutes. The fish were biting if u could find them.