Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland Night Bite

I havent been down for night fishing since 2 years ago. This is one of my favorite ways to fish stripes. Thinking about heading down the weekend of 5.15-5.17. Any information about the bite or lake conditions would be appreciated. Possibly taking a friend who has never been. Hoping for big results. Will be coming out of Jamestown. Thanks!!! BG

Post Thanks / Like
    I will also be there for day and night fishing. We are staying at Alligator II. Hit me up and maybe we can work together.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was there Saturday night...Bite was good caught 8 with biggest around 10 lbs. Bite was best I've seen it in past few years, just be careful with trees in water broke 2 off in them before I realized what was happening.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pct View Post
    I will also be there for day and night fishing. We are staying at Alligator II. Hit me up and maybe we can work together.
    Thx I will. Would be happy to share info and see if we cant narrow it down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass8589 View Post
    I was there Saturday night...Bite was good caught 8 with biggest around 10 lbs. Bite was best I've seen it in past few years, just be careful with trees in water broke 2 off in them before I realized what was happening.
    Nice thanks! I usually use red fins and slivers....at least thats my go to. Curious if that bite was more top or subsurface? Also curious around what time (central) it really got going? Thx for the info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bite was subsurface until shade came up around midnight. Then started catching them on top. Had to be on dark walls which was hard to find Saturday night with that bbrite moon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was out early Sunday morning catching bait for daytime fishing and heard several blowups around me. Obviously wasn't able to move around and cast but it sounded like there was feeding activity up on the darkest banks out of the moonlight.

Just a word of caution, there is still a lot of debris in the water with some large logs still floating. Not a huge issue when slow trolling other than hanging up a lure, but just be safe. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the updates. I am getting really excited!!! There is nothing like the explosion a stripe puts on your lure feet from the boat when he doesnt know your there.....and then the excited shakes you get after it happens....i know you know what i am talking about. I hope the bite continues till i get there. would love to catch some walleye as well....but i have only caught a few doing this. I know the lake is full of them.

Thanks for the heads up on the debris. I am overly cautious at night. Totally respect the water and its unforgivingness. Honestly at night i do not go faster than a fast idle. You cant catch fish if you dont get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the information on the night bite. I haven't been hearing much about it lately. Possibly because people are not out there because of the debris.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always post my results but unfortunately somthing came up and i was unable to make the trip. I appreciate everyone input. Thank you. Just wanted to make sure you knew why i didnt follow up. Will get them next time. Thx BG