Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Sportmen take notice

Road 1378 in Morgan Co. Has been taken over by a greedy land owner. This road goes to part of Daniel Boon Forest. This land owner only owns land on the right side of the road about half way down. Farm land on the left side he does not own. About half way down on both sides is forestry land ( Your Land). The Co. Judge and Attorney is letting him keep a gate across the road. I sent a e-mail to the Governor and got no reply, the same with the Forestry Dept. They are denying us access to public land and letting a guy with a little money take a road that we paid for. I hope you ALL fight this take over, it could be were you hunt next.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this the "fire road" that goes thru the forrest for a couple counties? If so I have a stand off that road on our land.

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by sglass View Post
    Is this the "fire road" that goes thru the forrest for a couple counties? If so I have a stand off that road on our land.

Shawn
    No, this is off Hwy. 519 and ends at old rock quarry on Licking river.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by caverun View Post
    Road 1378 in Morgan Co. Has been taken over by a greedy land owner. This road goes to part of Daniel Boon Forest. This land owner only owns land on the right side of the road about half way down. Farm land on the left side he does not own. About half way down on both sides is forestry land ( Your Land). The Co. Judge and Attorney is letting him keep a gate across the road. I sent a e-mail to the Governor and got no reply, the same with the Forestry Dept. They are denying us access to public land and letting a guy with a little money take a road that we paid for. I hope you ALL fight this take over, it could be were you hunt next.
    around these parts if we run into someone blocking a public road we either tear down the gate or make a new road around it.
    Likes headbanger liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up sportsmen take notice

Small victory, The gate was taken down. My thanks to Lex. 18 investigators ( thank you). City County meeting on May 14th. at 6PM. They may try to condemn the road. We have a petition at the Country store on Hwy. 519 please stop by and sign it thank you.