Search Fishin.com

Thread: good day

Post Thanks / Like

good day

elected to pass up bluegrass yesterday because i went by there wed. morning around 8:00 and there was at least 12 trailers at bluegrass. so me and my buddy scutted on up the road to a pit in warrick co. boy did we have a good day . wind was out of the east when we pulled up i said this was going to be a bust. boy was i wrong by 12:30 we had 50 nice gills and probably caught 75 bass between us using crappie jigs never caught any big bass . most were around a pound. but sure was fun.caught 10 in a row at one point

Post Thanks / Like

Great news glad you have a good time

There are many other smaller pits in the Bluegrass Fish and Wildlife Area that hold fish and are fun to fish. Some times I wish I had a canoe or kayak and was younger so that I could pull the kayak though the grass/brush in order to reach some of the other pits that don't get the pressure that Bluegrass pit does. Even loon pit is packed these days on the Weekdays. Its hard to find a parking spot at Loon's North end ramp as it's just not that big. Most people park along the entrance road parallel with the road and that clogs up the roadway faster then if they would park perpendicular to the entrance roadway. It took people a long time to start parking like this at Bluegrass Pit so that more people could park their rigs in that parking lot.

Again glad that you caught some nice bluegill. They are excellent table fare and fun to catch. I love to catch bluegill on my fly rod. Even the small bass are fun to catch on a 5 weight fly rod.