Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone fish mammoth cave green river?

Heading to the green river through mammoth cave national park this thursday through sunday for a 4 day paddle/camping/fishing trip. Head the fishing is pretty good, just curious if anyone on here fishes it and has any pointers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks All!

Post Thanks / Like
    Water is still higher then I like to fish and muddy.

Post Thanks / Like

Green River

That stretch is probably my favorite of the Green to fish. I'm assuming you are putting in at Munfordville or Dennison and floating down to Houchins near Brownsville? If so the small mouth fishing is great through the entire area. Ive never caught a true pig but 15"ers are common and smaller fish are abundant. Muskie are through that stretch also. I got a follow there a few miles upstream of the Mammoth cave Ferry last year but never have caught one (ANYWHERE for that matter). Mostly you guys are going to have a good time if the water and weather cooperates. Be sure to check out the cave on the left side or of the river just downstream of the Dennison ferry launch. Good luck and you better post pictures when you get back!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganClark View Post
    That stretch is probably my favorite of the Green to fish. I'm assuming you are putting in at Munfordville or Dennison and floating down to Houchins near Brownsville? If so the small mouth fishing is great through the entire area. Ive never caught a true pig but 15"ers are common and smaller fish are abundant. Muskie are through that stretch also. I got a follow there a few miles upstream of the Mammoth cave Ferry last year but never have caught one (ANYWHERE for that matter). Mostly you guys are going to have a good time if the water and weather cooperates. Be sure to check out the cave on the left side or of the river just downstream of the Dennison ferry launch. Good luck and you better post pictures when you get back!
    Yes its going to be a great trip. Not looking for any pigs. Just getting out. Enjoying Gods country and hopefully pick up some small guys. I'll post how it goes when I get back.
    Thanks.