Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

State park resort food

We ate at Cumberland park resort. Same old crummy food at all the resorts. Not impressed with buffets. $40.00 for three of us. Seems like they could do better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by huntingteacher View Post
    We ate at Cumberland park resort. Same old crummy food at all the resorts. Not impressed with buffets. $40.00 for three of us. Seems like they could do better.
    Well...........I don't know about Cumberland State Park, but I can tell you this.......Dale Hollow State Park and Barkley State Park have a very good buffet. And it is not nearly that expensive. Last Sunday, we at at Barkley on the way back because we were tired of fast food.

The roast beef was off the look. as was the sweet potatoes, and fried chicken.

Sorry you had a bad experience, but that "crappy" food was pretty **** good ........And we ate for less than 9 bucks per person. I tipped really, really good ( 5 bucks), so my total was about 14. For Shitty food, that was well worth it.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

bad experience..

sorry you had a bad experience, but for missus stripernut and myself we love eating at lure lodge, we eat there quite a bit since its only minutes from home and our other options that dont have a drive thru window are pretty far away.
    the new years eve dinner is unbelievably delicious....huge prime rib that they slice how you ask for it, ginormous shrimp, smoked salmon, and on and on.
    one thing i have noticed is that the food is definitely better at the very start of dinner time than towards the end. just curious what time you actually ate? this may have something to do with it?
    and again it may just be personal taste, i love seafood but i think red lobster is dogfood more often than not....just sayin
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The state resort food can be hit or miss depending on when you go and how busy the place is. I've mostly enjoyed their food. It's not amazing but it isn't crummy either. I'm just thankful there is a place to eat with a nice view of the lake. For what they have to work with I think they do a pretty good job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by huntingteacher View Post
    All resorts??? Certainly not the case at Blue Licks SP . . . outstanding buffet at a reasonable price. Nice folks too.
    Likes GeoFisher, CaptObvious liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

State Park Food

You must be joking. A McD combo is 8-9 dollars now. You paid 13.34 for a buffet and are bitching. I have arrived at closing and the buffet was a bad choice but it was my fault. Also if you expect a 4 star meal for 13 dollars you dont get out much. It is hard to cook at home for that price. I Am just one of many that are very grateful that the state parks serve meals. I would hate to drive 30min every time I had to eat. I would gladly pay double for the meals I have received. BTW Blue Licks is tops, dale and Barkly tied for second. "The food shines bright in our KY state run parks. The complainers and critics can stay home"

Sorry to vent, but would be crushed if some cry baby got the service stopped.

Crank

Post Thanks / Like
    My family & myself eat at Rough River Lodge several times a year on Sunday's after church, and it is always a great meal. Fresh salad along with an enormous variety of hot food. Great service, but not badly priced for service & variety of food available. Thumbs up for a great place to eat besides fast food and another Mexican restraunt!👍