Search Fishin.com

Thread: Nolin Reports?

Post Thanks / Like

Nolin Reports?

Anybody doing any good the past week or so? Probably fish some long points and drops early and late this weekend myself. CRig worked ok last weekend. Just curious if anybody has a pattern that's worked better? Thx

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger492 View Post
    Anybody doing any good the past week or so? Probably fish some long points and drops early and late this weekend myself. CRig worked ok last weekend. Just curious if anybody has a pattern that's worked better? Thx

Well, just to follow up with a report for all the tight lipped folks out there...

Saturday before 10AM, not as much as a smell on any of my best deep spots with bottom baits, crank baits or swim baits. There was a little more surface activity this weekend than last as the water has warmed some...I imagine the jumps will be in full force in the next 7-10 days. Did catch a few short fish and couple of white bass on blade baits in those I saw, but they were not really schooled up well enough to stay on and couldn't get any bigger ones to hit the swim bait.

Sunday before 10AM, same story on first couple of ledges/points I hit. Decided to try some deep brush for crappie that I've been wanting to hit for a while. Pulled up on it around 8:15 and caught two short fish on first two casts. Ended up with 25 total, 11 keepers by around 9:45...all on a jig.

Hope this helps somebody. Good luck on the water
    Likes King31, kentuckykingfisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Rarely do I get to go to Nolin. Maybe a couple of times a year, and this year it was supposed to be for white bass up the river, but missed t run this spring . A friend of mine lives in the general area, and he had been spending most of his time at Rough. I saw where they are pulling the dam at around 400 to 500, and my friend said it is getting about time to try crawdads off the points .

Post Thanks / Like
    I crappie fish alot of brush piles around the wax area. Glad to hear you caught a few. I talked with a few guys down there who said they hadnt had much luck bass fishing either. Few fish here and there off main lake points casting jigs in about 15-20 feet of water. Im wanting to get down this weekend and do some crappie fishing in the mornings and troll and look for white bass in the jumps in the evening. Maybe sneak in a little bass fishing in the afternoons if trolling isnt succesful. Havent heard anything about whites schooling up yet around wax but id love to find em. Maybe up towards towards the dam? If i get to go ill post how i do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Went Wednesday to try to get into the jumps. Rode from the dam up to Red Rock and there was very little surface activity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger492 View Post
    Zara Spook ....watch surface they are bustin.. even during the day ...

Post Thanks / Like

Rough river.

Anybody got advice? Going over the weekend for bass. Will try to post as the weekend progresses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Had good luck last weekend hoping points with a jig and worm.