Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

DEAD bass was up after Tourney on KY Lake.

Guys.....this stuff is unreal......simply UNREAL. I've been saying for years that tourneys in this type of weather should be banned.....period.

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/dead-b...urnament-pics/

Post Thanks / Like
    How about just keep their legal limit which they are entitled to do and have a fish fry?
    Likes fishin350, Strunk21 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What is sadly ironic is some tournament fisherman often will shame a casual fisherman who may choose to keep a nice sized legal bass to take home for a family meal. Personally I catch and release bass but I don't have any problems with someone who wants to keep and eat any legal fish they catch. I have however seen occasions where some people sometimes give those that do a hard time. IMO better a fish feeds someone than rot on the bank.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm, not cool!
    Likes leftyfrazel liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Guys.....this stuff is unreal......simply UNREAL. I've been saying for years that tourneys in this type of weather should be banned.....period.

Very sad ! multiple tournaments on every lake in the state on a weekly basis . Something needs to be done . I very seldom fish on weekends anymore .
    Likes kyriverblues, leftyfrazel liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

catch and WHAT?

Release does not mean putting them into a live well.!!! Weve all seen pictures of "floaters" after fishing events, no pictures of "sinkers". Big tournys bring in big money into areas, Thats BASS hype. I quit that magazine and organization many years ago, its sort of silly to me to put away your work clothes,lay aside the tools of your trade, only to put on a 'fishing suit and more tools on a week end.
    Likes leftyfrazel liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

My father and I use to fish tournament years ago. Theses were small (10-20 boats total). It was fun and rarely had dead fish, Im sure there were a few that died as they swam away. Don't fish tournaments anymore its gotten to where a lot of these guys have heads swelled up like a watermelon. (Maybe they aren't getting taken care of at home). I think if your going to have these large tournaments things need to change possible having these fish weighed after catching them and immediately releasing them.Can't expect fish to stay alive in a livewell for 1-8 hours in 90-100 degree temps.
    Likes kyriverblues, leftyfrazel liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    Release does not mean putting them into a live well.!!! Weve all seen pictures of "floaters" after fishing events, no pictures of "sinkers". Big tournys bring in big money into areas, Thats BASS hype. I quit that magazine and organization many years ago, its sort of silly to me to put away your work clothes,lay aside the tools of your trade, only to put on a 'fishing suit and more tools on a week end.
    It is a money game.........it needs to end. Sorry, but this is UNACCEPTABLE.

Post Thanks / Like
    It will probably never happen for most but more tournaments should consider going to total inches instead of weight and taking photos on a uniform measuring board to verify. Solves a lot of problems.
    Likes RiverRunt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This is not rocket science. Guys who fish tournaments should already know this, but if you put a bag of ice in the live well and keep recirculating the water, bass will stay alive and energized all day long.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a money game.........it needs to end. Sorry, but this is UNACCEPTABLE.
    Amen all about money ..... maybe bring a good cooler full of ICE and put it in the live well before weigh-in

Post Thanks / Like

This unfortunately is a good chance to set an example. Triton should be held responsible for the fish kill. They have been in the game long enough to know better in these circumstances. Why wasn't the director of the tournament seeing to it steps were taken to keep fish alive? They,(triton) much like many anglers are about the money. Triton should have handed out free ice to each boat and or water treatment to each. Until these big companies are held responsible for there actions, the angler will overlook it too. It needs to start from top down and lead by example. Such an unfortunate situation.