Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same here Rudy and Geo... about an hour and a half here from Lawrencebug Im guessing. Be glad to meet up with one or both of you guys. Definitely Let ya know when I can get that way. Picked up the yak today. Heading to a local lake tomorrow to get it wet.
    Likes Rudypoo4444, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Allex View Post
    Same here Rudy and Geo... about an hour and a half here from Lawrencebug Im guessing. Be glad to meet up with one or both of you guys. Definitely Let ya know when I can get that way. Picked up the yak today. Heading to a local lake tomorrow to get it wet.
    I'm SO putting some trout trips back on the calendar......
    Likes CJ Allex, Rudypoo4444 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I'm SO putting some trout trips back on the calendar......
    Just be sure to post here and remind us when you do. I just got some new bead-head flies and strike indicators that I am itching to use.

Every time I have fished below Wolf Creek dam, I have neglected to bring my fly rod along. Not anymore. Last time I was there I ended up catching a couple of trout on a bead-head fly, fished under a weighted bobber on my spinning outfit. I think it will actually be easier to fish that setup on a flyrod.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Allex View Post

Yeah be sure to let us know. I'm always game for a fishing trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wife and I are planning to kayak below the dam Aug 13 and 14. A) Are there shuttle services to help get you back to your vehicle or back up to the dam from your takeout spot? B) If the lake is up now, are they planning on pulling it to the point it makes it unsafe to kayak down there?

I have only been below the dam once and that was on foot. Any tips on catching a fish down there would be appreciated too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smashdn View Post
    Wife and I are planning to kayak below the dam Aug 13 and 14. A) Are there shuttle services to help get you back to your vehicle or back up to the dam from your takeout spot? B) If the lake is up now, are they planning on pulling it to the point it makes it unsafe to kayak down there?

I have only been below the dam once and that was on foot. Any tips on catching a fish down there would be appreciated too.
    The word is, the river has been almost unfishable for a while, due to high lake levels, but they are starting to back off the flow some now. It should be good barring any heavy rain by the time you go.

You have to check the generation schedules before you go. If they are generating with 2 or more generators, it is too dangerous.

Post Thanks / Like

Generation Schedule

Where would I find this generation schedule and aside from the number of generators is the a fps or gpm number I should be mindful of?

Also, any outfitters or services that will pick you up at a takeout or ferry you and your gear from a spot downstream back up to the dam?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smashdn View Post
    Where would I find this generation schedule and aside from the number of generators is the a fps or gpm number I should be mindful of?

Also, any outfitters or services that will pick you up at a takeout or ferry you and your gear from a spot downstream back up to the dam?
    I have the TVA lake info app on my phone, or you can go here: http://www.tva.gov/lakes/wch_r.htm

The numbers are in cfs.

I don't have any information on a shuttle service. If you find one, I would like to know about it too.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yowza. The tailwater came up 7' from 6am to 1pm. >21,00cfs. That is alot of water getting it hard.

Post Thanks / Like
    21000 cfm is ideling ,wait till they crack open that throttle
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Cfs

Post Thanks / Like
    there are a couple of people at the Kendall camp ground that do a shuddle service. Ask at the snack bar (capt. jakes)
    Likes GeoFisher, Rudypoo4444, smashdn liked this post