Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fluorcarbon

Post Thanks / Like

fluorcarbon

what brand do you guys prefer? best high end best low end.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Sunline FC Sniper on the high end, but it's pricey.

I've become a Seaguar fan on the low end and have started using Red Label. It's just fine for 1/2 the price. Seaguar also makes my favorite mono - Senshi.
    Likes sweetwater, Bobby Headrick liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

2nd

I love the red lable also. Yes it does have alittle memory but for the price and the strength you can't beat it. Tacklewarhouse has it Xmas sell every year . The mark it down to around 8$ so I try to stock up then. It's regular around 12$

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Castin_A_Jig View Post
    I love the red lable also. Yes it does have alittle memory but for the price and the strength you can't beat it. Tacklewarhouse has it Xmas sell every year . The mark it down to around 8$ so I try to stock up then. It's regular around 12$
    You don't have trouble with red label abrasion resistance? I've tried a few different spools of the 20lb for flipping. Every time my line is tore up after a few flips. Just curious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seaguar abras X is very abrasion resitant, been flipping with it and it holds up great, I also use it for square bills and shallow cranks, I like red label for cranking, Seaguar is very good line.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Headrick View Post
    Seaguar abras X is very abrasion resitant, been flipping with it and it holds up great, I also use it for square bills and shallow cranks, I like red label for cranking, Seaguar is very good line.
    Second that.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I'm going to use fluorocarbon then it's going to be red label. I have gotten to where I really like fluorocarbon for flipping only. I've gone to a copolymer line for most other applications except crankin. I like the copolymer because it's cheap and seems to be the best fit for me. The reason I like to buy cheap line is because I like to replace my line fairly often. That's my two sense. But definitely go with a seaguar fluorocarbon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not liked the Seaguar AbrazX or InvizX, too much stretch and poor knot strength for me. I broke off lures just on the cast. I also tried Sufix Castable Invisiline and it was like Seaguar Invizx. I do like Berkley 100% FC and have now switched all FC to Sunline Super FC Sniper and have no complaints with it. I use 6lb, 12lb and 16lb lines. The Sunline Super FC Sniper has a much smaller diameter than Berkley 100%, though the Berkley seems to have somewhat better abrasion resistance and is not as limp.

Just my .02 cents

Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks guys!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Drew1233 View Post
    If I'm going to use fluorocarbon then it's going to be red label. I have gotten to where I really like fluorocarbon for flipping only. I've gone to a copolymer line for most other applications except crankin. I like the copolymer because it's cheap and seems to be the best fit for me. The reason I like to buy cheap line is because I like to replace my line fairly often. That's my two sense. But definitely go with a seaguar fluorocarbon.
    what year did you graduate. My son will be a senior. I graduated in 1988.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster86 View Post
    what year did you graduate. My son will be a senior. I graduated in 1988.
    I'm going to be a junior there. I fish on the team for them and love it. What is your sons name?

Post Thanks / Like

Line

I been using bass pro floro for years for cranking/spinnerbait/chatterbait applications and never had any problems.