Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

T-Ville Conditions???

Anyone have the conditions? Temp, color, up after all the rain? Main lake or coves? I'm guessing their at about 10 to 15ft. right now. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Fished out of VB to avoid the lower end tournament Tues night. 88F clarity was fine as i got about 1/2 mile down the lake.

I think it came up 6" in the last 24hrs and is 1.3 ft above summer pool. I would guess after today and cool night it will be about 85 F in morning. Depth, we will have to see after the front came through. normally it depends whether you are after quanity or quality

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks tacklebag23

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I wont be playing lottery this week as my temp guess was way off. 80-82F this morning. got to state ramp at 6:15am lot was almost full. Decent size tourney this morning apparently.

lot of fishermen today. then the joyriders came hot and heavy at 11 am. decent day until then.

20 deep at ramp at 12:30PM

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tacklebag23;548040]Well I wont be playing lottery this week as my temp guess was way off. 80-82F this morning. got to state ramp at 6:15am lot was almost full. Decent size tourney this morning apparently.

I'm pretty sure there was a USA bassin tournament there this morning.

Post Thanks / Like

check out this site

looks like on the 12th the water temperature was 88f and D.O. or thermal cline was around 15'

http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/Missions/CivilWorks/Recreation/Lakes/TaylorsvilleLake.aspx

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again guys. We put in at 6:30 and the State Park lot was at 50% capacity then. Off the lake by 12:00pm. Joyriders had the ramp tied up pretty bad at 12pm. Water temps where 79 to 82 degrees, color stained. It was a pretty cool early morning on the lake. We did manage to catch a few around the first 90 degree bend. Squarebills and shakeyheads did it for us. Match the crankbait with the stained water and should catch a few.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by clc View Post
    looks like on the 12th the water temperature was 88f and D.O. or thermal cline was around 15'

http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/Missions/CivilWorks/Recreation/Lakes/TaylorsvilleLake.aspx

That chart actually shows the thermocline to be around the 8-10ft depth, as below 10ft the water is nearly devoid of any oxygen.

I wish the COE would keep up with that website, at least weekly. There's been several inches of rain in the area since that 6/12/15 report, and that may have changed the DO readings.

Also, the chart reads 28-29deg C .... which equates to 82-84deg F.

... pappy

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody seen Taylorsville since the recent rains? Hoping to go tomorrow if not too muddy.

thanks in advance and I'll report back if I make it down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    That chart actually shows the thermocline to be around the 8-10ft depth, as below 10ft the water is nearly devoid of any oxygen.

I wish the COE would keep up with that website, at least weekly. There's been several inches of rain in the area since that 6/12/15 report, and that may have changed the DO readings.

Also, the chart reads 28-29deg C .... which equates to 82-84deg F.

... pappy
    10 feet is what I see on my fishfinder. Last observed on June 27.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was out there tonight. Water temp was 81.8 and water levels were normal. We put in at settlers and stayed around there then went down towards the dam. Wanted to stay away from muddy water which we found none of. Had 3 small ones on a Texas rig but nothing of any size. Figured I better get out there before the fourth crowd comes in. Good luck and I hope I can help, Drew

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank Drew,

I made it down yesterday from 11-2. Color was good but only caught 3 shorts and 1 16" football that spit up crawdad. All on a jig between 5'-9'
    Likes Drew1233 liked this post