Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing in NKY - looking for fishing buddies/advice

I'm fairly new to NKY and come from WKY, where I had plenty of fishing spots and fishing buddies. I do a lot of pond fishing and creek fishing, and I'll occasionally head to Markland Dam at night to fish for stripers. I mostly fish from the bank, but I'm planning to get a fishing Kayak to have a little more access to the local lakes. I'm mostly a bass fisherman, but occasionally go for crappie as well. I'm also up for some catfishing on occasion. I'd like to get to know some folks who like to fish around here, learn some new spots, and have some people to go with on a regular basis. I'm not picky when it comes to the company I keep, but I'd like to avoid any drugs or illegal activity. I'm fine with reasonable drinking, although I generally keep it moderate myself. I'm up for any advice you may have for fishing around here and I'm willing to share what little I've learned so far if you're new to it. Anybody interested?

Post Thanks / Like
    There are lots of small lakes and some streams in NKY that are very good to fish. Most of the lakes are hard to fish from the shore, but most of the places do rent boats. You would have to bring a trolling motor and battery if you like to fish that way.

I fish Kincaid a lot. It is a good little lake with some big fish. We also fish Elmer Davis, Bull Lock Pen, Corinth and Wilgreen. Grassy Creek has some small mouth as do most of the other streams. I have not fished them in years though.

With a Kayak you will be able to go just about anywhere. The Licking River can be good at times. You can put in at Falmouth and drift all the way to the Ohio River. Used to do that in canoes years ago.

PM me sometime, I might have an open spot on the boat. Though I rarely fish on the weekends since I retired.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Battery55 View Post
    I'm fairly new to NKY and come from WKY, where I had plenty of fishing spots and fishing buddies. I do a lot of pond fishing and creek fishing, and I'll occasionally head to Markland Dam at night to fish for stripers. I mostly fish from the bank, but I'm planning to get a fishing Kayak to have a little more access to the local lakes. I'm mostly a bass fisherman, but occasionally go for crappie as well. I'm also up for some catfishing on occasion. I'd like to get to know some folks who like to fish around here, learn some new spots, and have some people to go with on a regular basis. I'm not picky when it comes to the company I keep, but I'd like to avoid any drugs or illegal activity. I'm fine with reasonable drinking, although I generally keep it moderate myself. I'm up for any advice you may have for fishing around here and I'm willing to share what little I've learned so far if you're new to it. Anybody interested?
    Consider joining a bass club as a non boater. It's a good way to meet people

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in grant county and there are a lot of opportunities around my area. I don't get to fish them much because i am mostly in school. Corinth and Bullock are places where some good fish have been caught but places like boltz and polliwog are too pressured.