Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

tax dollars pay for interlake sra

our taxes from fishing, hunting liscense tags ect help pay for this property. I have caught a 7-1. 7-14 and a 9-1 out of there this year and now they are tearing it aprt but letting them restrip mine it. I wouldnt have a problem if they were going to relocate the big bass somewhere else inside inter lake but they are busting out dams and killing the fish what a waste and why did I release these fish. I believe they should let people fish them with a warning that they will be destryed not go there saturday and come back the next week and they are empty. I want to thank DNR for their consideration on this matter (hmm)
    I guess nothing can be done but what a BIG FREAKIN WASTE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    haven,t been up there since mushroom hunting this spring did not notice anything going on up there then are they coming in from the north. they shutting down the 4 wheling to?

Post Thanks / Like

interlake sra restrip mining closing areas

yes they are closing more and more of the area no fishing no access at all the signs say I think it really ***** they can do this for what little coal I have seen them get and the GREAT lakes they are destroying with all the quality fish in them

Post Thanks / Like

Interlake

Quote Originally Posted by JTrouty View Post
    yes they are closing more and more of the area no fishing no access at all the signs say I think it really ***** they can do this for what little coal I have seen them get and the GREAT lakes they are destroying with all the quality fish in them
    Is Interlake a multi use type facility or is it just for trail bikes and four wheelers now? I've only been up there to look around one time. My old neighbor said he use to squirrel hunt a lot up there before the State purchased it and make it into Interlake. The State has some big plans for developing that area but I'm not sure how long it will take them to get the money to do as they plan.

I remember when the State (Probably the last Governor who's now the President of Purdue Mitch McDaniels) had his hand picked DNR director try to make a deal with one of the coal companies to do mining up around Dogwood Lake at Glenndale. There was an huge uproar from sportsman over that as it was too close to dogwood lake.

Many areas of this State's Southern Parts have been mined first and then purchased or given to the state. We get to hunt on spoil banks and deep pits that filled in with rain water, etc. The water quality of these pits is different that most natural or man made lakes in this state. The coal was removed and the top soil was not always saved and put back on the top. And even when it's saved and placed back on top of the ground it's never the same as before. It may never be like I was before.

pH of the water's is usually more alkaline and fish growth is sometimes below the state average at these old abandoned strip pit.