Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Green River Lake

Taking the family down to the lake this Friday 24th, anyone seen the lake lately, camping at Pikes Ridge... anything would be helpful.... bass.. crappie anything

Thanks
    Carl

Post Thanks / Like
    It will still be a couple of feet over summer pool on Friday, but they are dropping it as fast as they can. It was 8 feet over summer pool last friday. Bass fishing was tough last weekend. In our USA Bassin tournament, most anglers reported being able to catch a few early in the morning, but once the sun came up there were very few bites to be found.

The water came up very clear. I don't know if any of the color from up in the river has been pulled into the main lake, but last weekend I could see the bottom clearly in 6 feet of water at the state dock.

Many people were fishing bushes submerged by the high water. Early they could catch fish doing that, but the clear water hurt that bite later in the day.

On Friday when trying to locate some fish, we were able to catch fish at the state dock and at other campgrounds. We had a similar bite at Holmes bend, and I had a good hit fishing around the docks at Pikes Ridge. With the water up, we were fishing the banks above where the rip-rap was located with plastics, and using buzz baits where we could pull it over the top of any dropoff to rip-rap. you won't have that option with the water back down. Early in the morning you may be able to catch one or two around those docks, but the water will not be over the docks like it was for us. You may be able to get bit in the brush around some of those docks.

It will be a different lake this weekend as the water should be all but out of the bushes and normal summer fishing patterns should resume. I would just fish until 9 AM... then swim and nap until 7 PM, then fish until dark. Or... fish at night. Not sure you'll catch more fish, but you'll be more comfortable.
    Likes sweetwater, bigcarl6446, Tacklebag23 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Clint